The one scenario that might just happen

That statement tell me a lot. I've always believed that there is no way Fitzpatrick gets cut, because he's the perfect #2 QB. What it says to me is that the 3rd spot, reserved for the unproven developmental guy will go to Brohm.

You don't think that a week ago, a month ago, two months, three months ago, Gailey wouldn't have said the EXACT same thing to that question of is there was room for both quarterbacks? Of course he would have. It's the only answer possible. He's not going to say no, there is not room. He's not going to say one has to beat the other out or is gone. He's not going to say ANYTHING about Trent or Levi. He's going to say exactly what he did, that of course there is room for both QBs on the roster. It means zero.

Edited by Kelly the Fair and Balanced Dog

i think the chances of edwards getting hurt are very high. i think they keep three, brown to the practice squad, then to the active roster by week 2 r three, can just feel that injury coming. but who knows, sometimes cut day is wild, maybe buddy will surprise us. maybe they dont like any of them. but not many QB'S out there really. maybe they trade for troy brown, nothing in stone, as i see it.

Edited by dwight in philly

There is no upside to keeping Fitz. We know what his limitations are. He is not a starting QB in this league. Since the team will be lucky to win 6 games, perhaps as high as 8, where are we going? Mind as well see what BB, and/or Levi can do, if TE goes down. By January 1, 2011 you want to know whether you need a new franchise QB. SO if TE goes down or fails, I would not hesitate to put BB and/or Levi in.

There is no upside to keeping Fitz. We know what his limitations are. He is not a starting QB in this league. Since the team will be lucky to win 6 games, perhaps as high as 8, where are we going? Mind as well see what BB, and/or Levi can do, if TE goes down. By January 1, 2011 you want to know whether you need a new franchise QB. SO if TE goes down or fails, I would not hesitate to put BB and/or Levi in.

It's not that simple to say a guy has no upside therefore you dump him. In spite of the Brohm fans enthusiasm, he's still a project who has proven nothing in the NFL. Fitzpatrick has proven he can win or keep a pretty lousy team in games. Say in two years from now the Bills are a legitimate contender. They're still going to need a competent backup-"upside" be damned!

There's a very good chance Brohm is not ready to play adequetly if thrust into the starter's role & that he never will be. Why would any competent coach or GM get rid of the guy who has proven he can step in when the guy who would replace him is still a mystery? The proper thing to do is if the Bills feel Brohm has as much upside as his fans do is to continue to develop him as the 3rd stringer, let him get a year in the system & then give him the opportunity of unseating Fitzpatrick. With the Bills line, and Edward's injury history,chances are #3 will end up playing some anyway. Why put Brohm in early in the season when he might fold, like he did earlier in his career, causing him to get cut in GB & like he did in his 1st start with the Bills?

The main problem I have with the Brohm fans is they've continuously overrated him. The ones calling for Fitzpatrick's demise are blinded by their love of Brohm without much of a basis. Just because they don't like the 2 guys ahead of him, doesn't make him any better than he actually is. Obviously Gailey & his staff have spent a lot more time with all 3 QBs than any of us have seen and of the 3, they've decided they see more in Trent Edwards than the other guys. That should tell people something right there. If Brohm was as good as his fans think he is, he'd be #1, because Trent Edwards isn't a very good QB and is light years away from being a Franchise QB. The fact that Brohm is at best, even with Fitzpatrick should tell you all you need to know-he has very limited "upside" and at this point, for the good of the team now & in the future, Brohm should be developed at a much slower rate than his fans want. That translates either to #3 or the practice squad.

PS: The franchise QB is not on the roster, putting Brohm or Brown in there won't help. The franchise is coming in next year's draft.

Edited by Albany,n.y.