Please Help Me Grade the Game

I posted the paragraph below on Monday the 16th. It was buried in another thread & I didn't get a big response, but I decided to leave my grade at 43 and start a new thread today for the Colts game. I watched the 1st half last night & just finished watching the 2nd half this morning at 8:45. There's not much about the game I didn't like. What a difference a week makes! Was this really my Bills? I graded them a 92. Where am I wrong here?...too high, too low...or right on?

I decided that for me to purchase the NFL Sunday Ticket, the Bills must pass my preseason test. Now when I went to school, a passing grade was 65. So I've decided to grade all four preseason games & average them out. If the average is above 65, I'm gonna purchase...if it's below, I'll listen to the games on the radio (unless it's televised). Now.. I am looking for some help here form you guys...there's hundreds of bucks here on the line. I gave the Bills a grade of 43 for preseason game # 1. Is my grade right on...too high, or too low? Please help...I may change my grade, but I need sound reasons. Thank you!

I only caught the first 25 minutes or so, but I definately liked what I saw.

I would give the starters a solid B for their performance. 85%

My original grade was going to be closer to that, but I LOVED the way they didn't have a meltdown at the end. They took charge with Joique Bell & sealed the deal. That impressed me enuf to up their grade.

My original grade was going to be closer to that, but I LOVED the way they didn't have a meltdown at the end. They took charge with Joique Bell & sealed the deal. That impressed me enuf to up their grade.

I think 92% is a bit too high. Your original score of 85% is more about right. I'm knocking 7% off the score since we still cant stop the passes to the TEs on a seam route. We gave up yet another TD yeterday to the TE going down the seam. Scott was in coverage and was just too slow.

Didn't we do that last week against Washington as well? I certainly do remember Tom Brady scoring 2 TDs on us in succession throwing to his TE down the seam to win that opening Monday nighter last year! :thumbsup:

We definitely need to work on that big time (still).

I think 92% is a bit too high. Your original score of 85% is more about right. I'm knocking 7% off the score since we still cant stop the passes to the TEs on a seam route. We gave up yet another TD yeterday to the TE going down the seam. Scott was in coverage and was just too slow.

Didn't we do that last week against Washington as well? I certainly do remember Tom Brady scoring 2 TDs on us in succession throwing to his TE down the seam to win that opening Monday nighter last year! :thumbsup:

We definitely need to work on that big time (still).

Thanks for your input & welcome to the board!

Starters only:

Offense 80% (2 breakout plays but the rest was just OK)

Defense 70% (long way to go still)

Average 75%

Coaching was much improved as well.

IMHO, the simple fact that our first team outscored Manning & his first team...a team that is 6.5 mos from a SB appearance, well that fact alone warrants an above average grade. Feelin' a bit stingy today CodeMonkey?

I posted the paragraph below on Monday the 16th. It was buried in another thread & I didn't get a big response, but I decided to leave my grade at 43 and start a new thread today for the Colts game. I watched the 1st half last night & just finished watching the 2nd half this morning at 8:45. There's not much about the game I didn't like. What a difference a week makes! Was this really my Bills? I graded them a 92. Where am I wrong here?...too high, too low...or right on?

I decided that for me to purchase the NFL Sunday Ticket, the Bills must pass my preseason test. Now when I went to school, a passing grade was 65. So I've decided to grade all four preseason games & average them out. If the average is above 65, I'm gonna purchase...if it's below, I'll listen to the games on the radio (unless it's televised). Now.. I am looking for some help here form you guys...there's hundreds of bucks here on the line. I gave the Bills a grade of 43 for preseason game # 1. Is my grade right on...too high, or too low? Please help...I may change my grade, but I need sound reasons. Thank you!

i am going to grade the game 64%, just because anyone who thinks they can make an educated guess on what the regular season may hold by judging the scrimmage games, doesn't deserve the ticket. If you were an Indy fan, would you get the ticket? they have to be under 65% with an 0-2 record?

plus your avatar is disturbing....

i am going to grade the game 64%, just because anyone who thinks they can make an educated guess on what the regular season may hold by judging the scrimmage games, doesn't deserve the ticket. If you were an Indy fan, would you get the ticket? they have to be under 65% with an 0-2 record?

plus your avatar is disturbing....

I disagree with your assessment on not being able to gauge the future from the way the first team plays in preseason. In many cases it holds true to form. Take a look at the Bills last year. Last night was encouraging. These are NOT scrimmage games...guys are fighting for their nfl career! They are playing to the max.

And this is America, I deserve whatever I have worked for and can afford...& yes I can spare the money. It's just that I am questioning, after the past few years, whether I want to invest my heart in this team...it's been gut wrenching the past few years. Indy's regular seasons have not been gut wrenching from a fans viewpoint. Your grade of 64 is wayyyy too low. And my avatar is just one of many goofy ones on this board...so what? What does it have to do with the price of eggs?

It is a sign of how pathetic this franchise has been over the past 10 years that makes Bills fans sound like they should be Pats* fans.

I understand the cynicism on whether or not to purchase the Ticket because you want to see a good product on the field though, and even the best fans in the NFL have a limit to how much kool aid we can drink.

Buy it. But when you are cursing yourself by game 4 because we are already playing the spoiler don't blame me :thumbsup:

I think somewhere between 80 and 85. There was a huge improvement all around. The defense is working into the 3-4, the offensive line improved. I think the 85-90 might be seen as high by some but taking into consideration how bad they were the first game this is a huge improvement. If they keep on improving they will do just fine this year. NINE WINS is still my stretch goal for these guys.

I think somewhere between 80 and 85. There was a huge improvement all around. The defense is working into the 3-4, the offensive line improved. I think the 85-90 might be seen as high by some but taking into consideration how bad they were the first game this is a huge improvement. If they keep on improving they will do just fine this year. NINE WINS is still my stretch goal for these guys.

Thank you for a legitimate response T-boy. Interesting...starting to think I may have graded too high at 92. If you attach #'s to Bryan Sullivan's report card (staff writer for MPNnow.com, he's giving an overall grade of about 88 to 90, which is unarguably a vast improvement over last week. I agree with his assessment that we didn't utilize our TE's enuf, which dropped his grade considerably. I still have confidence in Stupar though, & think Nelson has great potential.

Link: http://www.mpnnow.com/billscamp/x882507612...lls-Report-Card

My kids don't exist yet but when they do they'll suck at school! I can promise you that much! :thumbsup:

Way funny! "Don't worry about that F Johnny...did you learn anything today son?" "Yeah dad, I learned that when the teacher slaps your knuckles, ya can't hit back!"

I do believe the Bills learned some things from their Skins spanking

1st half offense 75

1st half defense 70

1st half special teams 50

2nd half offense 75

2nd half defense 60

2nd half special teams 30

Coaching 65

The Bills special teams are horrible, with the exception of Lindell and Moorman. DeHaven might have reached the peter principle, as they looked very sad.

If TE did not throw the bomb, he would have been just as pitiful as ever. While Brohm showed promise, he under threw his receiver on his long bomb. He aired it out, but was a bit short. Brohm looks more commanding and less nervous in the offense.

Spiller looks awesome, as does Bell. Marshawn and his footlong aren't missed at all.

IMHO, the simple fact that our first team outscored Manning & his first team...a team that is 6.5 mos from a SB appearance, well that fact alone warrants an above average grade. Feelin' a bit stingy today CodeMonkey?

Hmmm. Thought about it a bit more and I don't think so.

The offense did look better for sure. But the points were on a very nice run by Spiller, on a home run due to a huge defensive blunder, and on a nice pick-6. But otherwise things didn't look bad, but not great to me either. Remember too that for a while in the 2nd quarter our first string was going against their backups. Hence the 80.

Defense aside from the pick-6 looked better than last week, but not a whole lot.

I stand by my earlier post. Of course I am not a recognized authority on the subject matter either :thumbsup: