Phiten - do they work?

boyst

I am sick of these commercials from Dicks Sporting Goods. I do not get how a necklace 1) masculine, 2) means to improve athletic ability, 3) worth $39.99.

Does anyone have one? Is it just a mental edge? I have read sites, but would like to know if any Bills Brethern has any info on it.

I am sick of these commercials from Dicks Sporting Goods. I do not get how a necklace 1) masculine, 2) means to improve athletic ability, 3) worth $39.99.

Does anyone have one? Is it just a mental edge? I have read sites, but would like to know if any Bills Brethern has any info on it.

Just another form of snake oil. Don't waste your money.

PTR

I've always heard that people believe it gives off positive energy and stability (don't ask me how). I doubt there is any scientific proof that can prove anything like that but baseball is a very superstitious sport so many players probably buy into that stuff. For kids, they probably just see their favorite players and pitchers wearing the necklaces and think it's cool to wear.

I'm a motorcycle technician, and Yamaha offered these necklaces as a "genuine yamaha accessory" for $100, and they sat on the shelf until they got marked down to $10 and employees bought them, its a bunch of crap, they don't work.