Preseason so far is breaking our way, think about it!

JustMaxx

Injuries are gonna happen. Theres no way around it. So lets accept it. Our two deepest positions...RB & safety, were hit with injuries. We have the guys who can step in and not miss a beat there. Perfect! Imagine if we were losing players on the lines, where the guys we have are barely adequate, like last year losing OT after OT. Ugh

I know WR has some injuries, but if its anyone other than Lee, than its not a big deal. They are all unproven young guys, or guys you can replace.

Furthermore, as of right now, no one is expected to miss week 1. Byrd and freddy I bet will be game time decisions, but nothing long term.

Plus, all you want to do during preseason is keep everyone healthy, and have everyone ready. Wins are not important.

So far, so good on the injury front.

I like the optimism! This is 'kind of' happening at the right time. Better now when people can recover some before the regular season than say week 1. This kind of injury bug isn't going to stick around all season... right.... RIGHT?!

Let's put a big ol' "+" on this post to let everyone know it's safe to read!

Hmmm that comment may be getting a "-"

Injuries are gonna happen. Theres no way around it. So lets accept it. Our two deepest positions...RB & safety, were hit with injuries. We have the guys who can step in and not miss a beat there. Perfect! Imagine if we were losing players on the lines, where the guys we have are barely adequate, like last year losing OT after OT. Ugh

I know WR has some injuries, but if its anyone other than Lee, than its not a big deal. They are all unproven young guys, or guys you can replace.

Furthermore, as of right now, no one is expected to miss week 1. Byrd and freddy I bet will be game time decisions, but nothing long term.

Plus, all you want to do during preseason is keep everyone healthy, and have everyone ready. Wins are not important.

Wow? We are doing good on the injury front? We had two bright spots pretty much from the 2009 season, Fred Jackson and Jairus Byrd-both undergoing surgeries or recently had surgery. We lost two previous 1,000 yard rushing running backs in the first series of the first preseason game. We lost one of our draft pick receivers for the season, one who actually looked like he was going to get some playing time. We lost another young receiver in Nelson. Poz is coming off of a surgery, where he hasn't really done anything in camp yet, so how much will he be behind in getting in football shape when he actually is cleared to play contact football? The first preseason game, 1 of the 5 starters on the OL were able to play because of injuries, one of them coming off of a devastating knee injury/surgery where the jury is still out on how much he will recover (this on an O-Line that was one of the worst in the NFL to begin with). We are 25% through the preseason with all these injuries so far, so I wouldn't say preseason is breaking our way in the area of injuries. I don't know about you or anyone else, but my fingers will be crossed for the next three games hoping nobody else is injured and this 2+ year curse of injuries finally stops with the Bills.

Just...I appreciate the positive outlook butttttttt.......the only good injury is NO INJURY....

:thumbsup:

Glad someone appreciates my positive outlook, the doom and gloomers need to leave this board. Why be a fan if you don't have realistic hope?

http://www.wgr550.com/Byrd-Having-Sugery/7941012

"Jairus, they had to do a procedure on Jairus and it looks like he's going to be out for awhile. It was residual from the off-season stuff. We're hoping (his return will be) first game but it may be not."

Sounds like its not serious. If theyre hoping for the first game, then they definately think its not long term. But you caught me, he could miss some time.

Our line is healthy, theyre just bringing them back slowly.

GO BILLS!

Realistic and hope are two words rarely paired together as they have different meanings. After 35 years of being a BILLS fan, I've earned the right to be pecimistic. You must be too young to remember sitting through the 80's at Rich next to 100 people with paper bags on their heads. Losing 4 Superbowls and then a 11 year playoff drought. Did you become a fan yesterday? I would love them to win every game and I hope they do, but don't tell people to get off this board because they're realists.

You don't think we've had offensive line injuries? Furthermore you always miss a beat when your starters aren't in there.

Why do some people say "they need to leave the board" if they don't agree with them? I never understood that. This board would be boring if every one thought and felt the same way. :thumbsup:

Great point. No one should ask another person to leave the board because they don't like their opinion. I am glad there are optimistis fans on the board, butI can't help but feel somewhat less than optimistic about this team, this year. Nothing wrong with both sides being here.

Glad someone appreciates my positive outlook, the doom and gloomers need to leave this board. Why be a fan if you don't have realistic hope?

To quote Joe Rogan, if you take 99% sh*t and 1% ham and put it in a sandwich, are you willing to call that a ham sandwich?

The Bills optimists would.

But have no fear my friend, you've got a big heaping pile coming your way watching this team.

mmmm.....mmmmmm....yummy!

P.S. 'Realistic' hope?? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am just wondering where are all the people that said we will not have as many injuries because we have a new regime which included a new conditioning coach. Thus, our guys will be stronger and in better shape and less likely to be hurt. So much for that theory. So many of us blamed DJ for having the guys soft and not playing in pads. Maybe it wasn't Dick boy's fault after all. Maybe injuries are just part of football? I am not DJ fan but IMHO, he gets blamed for many things that weren't his fault.

An new optimist! I feel like Wall-E finding the seedling amongst the garbage. Better get your flameproof shorts on, kid.

Let's see what tonight brings us. Demetrius Bell is playing, as is Wood. I just want these two to get through the carnage in one piece. If we get injuries there...watch out.

And being up here on the border - oh boy! I get CTV! Let's see if this works!

"New Mother Nature" - Guess Who