Running Game and Defense

I think our running game will be tops in the league this year, as well as our D. We got THE BEST TRIO IN THE LEAGUE IN THE BACKFIELD, as well as a great secondary, the d-line looks solid, and the linebackers are improved from last year. If all goes as i'm predicting, and we are tops in rushing and defense this season, as long as we have an average passing attack, we will make some noise in the AFC!

Thoughts? GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!

I like your optimist!

Unfortunately, RBs cannot gain the yards themselves. They rely on blocking, threat of a passing game coaching, etc.. While I really like our RBs, I expect our rushing stats to be middle-of-the-pack. If we're tops rushing or defense this year, I'll eat my hat.

I like your optimist!

Unfortunately, RBs cannot gain the yards themselves. They rely on blocking, threat of a passing game coaching, etc.. While I really like our RBs, I expect our rushing stats to be middle-of-the-pack. If we're tops rushing or defense this year, I'll eat my hat.

Ill send condiments :bag:

I like that type of optimism. While we are proven at running back, and Spiller is an excellent addition, until our offensive line becomes more consistent and have some type of throwing threat, I don't think our running game can compete with the likes of the Texans, Jaguars and Vikings etc. They have more balance which helps open up their run game.

I like that type of optimism. While we are proven at running back, and Spiller is an excellent addition, until our offensive line becomes more consistent and have some type of throwing threat, I don't think our running game can compete with the likes of the Texans, Jaguars and Vikings etc. They have more balance which helps open up their run game.

Really, Texans have a run game?

With Spiller yet to play in a real NFL game yet, in the words of Dennis Green, I'm not quite ready to "crown his ass" yet.

That being said, I'm super excited to see him play and hope he dominates out there.

THEY ARE WHO WE THOUGHT THEY WERE!!!!! :ph34r:

I think our running game will be tops in the league this year, as well as our D. We got THE BEST TRIO IN THE LEAGUE IN THE BACKFIELD, as well as a great secondary, the d-line looks solid, and the linebackers are improved from last year. If all goes as i'm predicting, and we are tops in rushing and defense this season, as long as we have an average passing attack, we will make some noise in the AFC!

I really like our running game too. Lynch and Jackson have been solid for the most part and adding Spiller should be huge. I would argue that Dallas three headed monster of Jones, Barber, and Choice is more proven and better than ours. I really really love our secondary. I believe it to be our strongest unit on the team. Top 5 in the NFL. I'm not sold on our d line or our linebackers...

I agree with you as long as we keep playing our own offense as that is the only thing this team has done so far. What a ridiculous statement when you have not seen them play anybody but our own team.

I like your optimist!

Despite our O-line woes last yer, and the fact that no team feared our passing attack, our running game was more effective than many other teams (ranked 16th). I too like our back coming into this year. Fred Jackson, even with his well rounded game, could find his carries much more limited than the past couple of years. Not because he doesn't deserve the carries, but because of Lynch and Spiller. I look for Lynch to run well this year (even if his carries are limited too).

Improved O-Line play could further help the run game, and surely help the passing game of which is an area needing far more improvement than the run game.