Why Buffalo Can Field A Top 5 Defense In 2010

If Troup and Williams keep playing the way they are, yes our defense could be very good.

yes, the nose tackle is very important in this defense. Not sure Williams can sustain this position at his weight, but he will sure give it his best. Troup has got to continue to improve and eventualy become the starter.

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2010/8/12/...top-5#storyjump

Interesting article. IMO, I think the defense can jump into the Top 10, but I'm not so sure about Top 5 just yet. IMO, the author seems a little too impressed with McKelvin & Maybin so far, but other than that, I agree with the rest.

Wait a friggin' minute. The "experts" have the Bills losing 13-14 games! How can the Bills do THAT with a top 5 defense???

The Bills won 6 games last year with the 30th ranked offense. Oh! I get it! The Bills will have the 40th ranked offense this year.

Must be :bag:

If Troup and Williams keep playing the way they are, yes our defense could be very good.

We know that Williams is pretty average but a fan favorite because he works hard. OK great. And just how is it that Troup is playing seeing that he hasn't played a down in the NFL. Not even a preseason down?

We know that Williams is pretty average but a fan favorite because he works hard. OK great. And just how is it that Troup is playing seeing that he hasn't played a down in the NFL. Not even a preseason down?

I'm a bit surprised at you Lv-Bills.

Kyle Williams was voted as a Pro Bowl alternate last year…which is amazing considering that he's a very unknown player.

You can rest assured that fan voting (one-third of the vote) did not favor Williams in the least.

That means the players and coaches (two-thirds of the vote) voted him in.

And keeping in mind that the Pro Bowl is a very politicized process with lots of marquee players reciprocal voting, it's not just some mean feat that Williams was selected to the Pro Bowl.

Kyle Williams is an excellent football player and your characterization of him is actually disrespectful.

Troup looks like a beast in training camp. He was one of the strongest players coming out of college, is in great shape, and is making very good progress.

Yeah, there is a chance that he could flat out suck in the preseason/season, but that's not likely.

I think Troup will be a monster that will require double & triple teaming to control. That will also mean that no team will try to run up the middle, just watch.

That would be awesome. I like what I've seen so far from Troup and can't wait to see him in action tomorrow.

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2010/8/12/...top-5#storyjump

Interesting article. IMO, I think the defense can jump into the Top 10, but I'm not so sure about Top 5 just yet. IMO, the author seems a little too impressed with McKelvin & Maybin so far, but other than that, I agree with the rest.

Kilowatt44 - one of America's most respected, proven, football commentators. :bag:

Just imagine if Lonnie winds up killing it, too!!

Stroud

Lonnie, Troup, Williams (any combination 3/4 or 4/3 look)

Carrington

It'll be like the days of Pat Williams/Ted Washington where we enjoyed watching all running plays get stretched to the sideline or for loss. :bag: