Training Camp Report 8-11-10

kota

It's been over 15 years since the last time i have visited Training camp. It's alot different than Fredonia. All in all it was a good experience. The worst part was waiting for the Bus to get back to my car. I should have paid 15 bucks to park in someone's lawn near the college. Anyway onto Football.

I was alittle disappointed to not see the team in pads tonight. I know they did this due to the game on Friday.

-Edwards will be the #1 QB on opening day. Brohm didn't get any reps with any of the units but based upon Mechanics alone Edwards has the best. He was the most accurate in all the drills. His throws fluttered the least. HE made strong quick throws in the short game.

-All QB's are throwing behind the receivers. I see alot of over the middle throws, someone is going to get killed.

-In red zone work Lee Evans made a great move to the inside on a quick slant. Edwards was right on target. Evans dropped it. I think the DB might have punched it out.

-Edwards looked pretty good tonight. He is interacting with alot of people. Even on passing drills each time he was up he would turn to the guy he is about to throw to and say something. When he wasn't taking snaps he is standing next to Gailey the whole time. He would listen to the play calls in his helmet.

-Edwards threw a nice pass to score a TD to Steve Johnson. It was in the middle back end of the end zone. He throw a strike over a LB. It was alittle behind the receiver but only Steve had a opportunity to catch the ball. ONce the play was done Edwards stepped out. He immediately went and did high fives with everyone who came out iwth him. Gailey even wandered over and said something to him. I assume it was only praise.

-Lynch, Jackson and Spiller all looked good tonight. They all caught the ball well. It appears that Lynch will be a 3rd down power running back. He was in there on 3rd and 1, 3rd and 3 type situations. Jackson appears to still be the starter but he isn't getting more reps than Lynch at this point. I almost think Lynch is getting more. Spiller come in and out based upon yardage and down. He appears to be a situational back. Spiller looks very fluid on the field. He has great vision and hits the hole fast.

-I really like the play calling. Lots of slants in the red zone. Lots of two back sets with Marshawn and Fred Jackson.

Defensively i didn't watch them much. The secondardary at times would lock down the receivers and Trent was forced to hang onto the ball to long. There were a few would be sacks because of it. The line could not hold down the DL for more than 3 seconds. This might due to the lack of pads. I tend to think no pads sets the oline at a disadvantage.

-Brian Moorman is a fan favorite. I got a laugh when at the start of practice. He started to jog around the field and fans would yell/cheeer him on. It's somewhat said that the punting/kicking game is the only thing worth cheering for the last few years. Brian appeared to do it on purpose. He also booted a 75 yard punt in the air tonight. He got alot of cheers for it.

-Mckevin appears to be out of hte running on kick returns unless an injury occurs. Spiller was back there the whole time. Roscoe is the punt returner.

Lee Evans #1, Steve Johnson #2, Roscoe #3, David Nelson #4

Can't wait for the game on Friday. I hope the first string Offense scores a TD. I think it will do wonders in confidence for the players and the fans alike.

Great report :thumbsup:

About time we are having guys going over the middle. Getting killed is a risk but most teams do these routes and we really haven't in a while. We need guys with balls to command the middle.

Great to hear about Spillers speed, quickness and acceleration.

Mooreman is savoring his time in the limelight :devil:

Go Bills!!!

I also noticed much of the same things with my day at camp.

The Biggest surprise of camp may be David Nelson. He is at the 4th WR spot ahead of Hardy and even Shawn Nelson who could play in that role also. Not bad for an UDFA. He has great size at 6'5'' 230+. Maybe he could become a consolation prize for Bust Hardy.

Good report, everyone cheers Moorman because he has been the best player on the team for years and is the best player at his position of any Bill. He is the only one on the team that is in the top 5 at his position in the NFL. I can't think of another Bill who is top 5 in the AFC.

Good report, everyone cheers Moorman because he has been the best player on the team for years and is the best player at his position of any Bill. He is the only one on the team that is in the top 5 at his position in the NFL. I can't think of another Bill who is top 5 in the AFC.

byrd? roscoe?

I think the most positive portion of this report is the backdrop. Trent is getting a TON of reps with the majority of completions being quick slants and timing patterns. That's not the most important part though, the most important part is that he is completing passes against our secondary. There are many problems with the 2010 Bills, the secondary is not one of them. Completing passes against the Bills secondary is a VERY positive sign because if he puts the ball in the wrong spot at all our DB's and safeties are going to pick it off. Let's hope it carries into the regular season...

Thanks for the report