Former AK Sen Ted Stevens

Or the Highway to H*ll...

Say what you will about Stevens legendary pork gathering ability's [and it was true-often even the recipients where shocked-they would ask for a simple 3000 foot gravel airport and get 30 miles of paved roads] but at lest he did the job he was elected to do-represent the people of the state who elected him.

Unlike some recent politicians who just wanted to get this tiresome "senator" thing out of the way so they could run for president.

Say what you will about Stevens legendary pork gathering ability's [and it was true-often even the recipients where shocked-they would ask for a simple 3000 foot gravel airport and get 30 miles of paved roads] but at lest he did the job he was elected to do-represent the people of the state who elected him.

Unlike some recent politicians who just wanted to get this tiresome "senator" thing out of the way so they could run for president.

Yeah - like one of Byrd's pork pieces - the US Coast Guard Operations Systems Center in land-locked Martinsburg, West Virginia. Like Byrd, he extracted money from innocent others so you would elect him again. And again. And again etc. Rather selfish of Alaskans, who never miss an opportunitity to tell us about their independent spirit, eh?

Yeah - like one of Byrd's pork pieces - the US Coast Guard Operations Systems Center in land-locked Martinsburg, West Virginia. Like Byrd, he extracted money from innocent others so you would elect him again. And again. And again etc. Rather selfish of Alaskans, who never miss an opportunitity to tell us about their independent spirit, eh?

100% incorrect. The vast amount of fed. money went to rural ares with but a handful of voters. Ted could have ignored them and won off Anchorage alone. I thought better of you but you are starting to sound like EII.

100% incorrect. The vast amount of fed. money went to rural ares with but a handful of voters. Ted could have ignored them and won off Anchorage alone. I thought better of you but you are starting to sound like EII.

Yikes! Not that! :flirt:

Sorry for my venom - I've been chaffed all day with today's news out of Washington. :thumbsup:

Yikes! Not that! :flirt:

Sorry for my venom - I've been chaffed all day with today's news out of Washington. :thumbsup:

I admit a EII comparison is kind of a eye gouging tactic. But he has been going off lately with all sorts of bizarre, uninformed opinion's[can he have any other kind?] that Alaska lives of the federal teat, so I am touchy about it.

What news?

Like every other politician. They call it job creation or improving infrastructure when it's in your district. When it's someone elses senator doing it,it's called pork.