Lee Evans/Catching on

Guest dog14787

Guest dog14787

Practice notes by Chris Brown http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-3...d3-17a902809fdd

Lee Evans shows signs of catching on to Chan Gailey's new offense as the Edwards/ Evans connection was clicking big tonight with Evans pulling in two perfectly timed TD's both going for 60 + yards bringing fans in attendance to their feet.

The defense strikes back with multiple INT's by Whitner, one returned for a score the other in the end zone preventing a TD, just hours earlier in the morning session Jairus "the bird man" Byrd flies into action and records multiple INT's

CJ Spiller receives a rousing ovation ,

Practice notes by Chris Brown http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-3...d3-17a902809fdd

Lee Evans shows signs of catching on to Gailey's new offense as the Edwards/ Evans connection was clicking big tonight with Evans pulling in two perfectly timed 60 + yard TD's, bringing fans in attendance to their feet.

The defense strikes back with multiple INT's by Whitner and just hours earlier in the morning session Jairus "the bird man" Byrd records multiple INT's

CJ Spiller receives a rousing ovation ,

I know that he is a punching bag around here but I really think that Whitner is going to have a huge year for us. He was made to play in this type of defense.

Evans looked real good at practice as did Spiller. It was Spiller's first day out there and you can already sense his explosiveness.

However, I am very disappointed in what I saw of Leodis McKelvin tonight. He dropped another punt tonight and got burnt on plenty of occasions. Hopefully Florence lights a fire under his butt otherwise our 1st rounder is going to be playing full-time nickel.

BTW Stevie Johnson absolutely "Moss-ed" McKelvin making the catch of camp for a 30 yard gain or so. SICK.

GO BILLS!

Guest dog14787
I know that he is a punching bag around here but I really think that Whitner is going to have a huge year for us. He was made to play in this type of defense.

I agree, Donte Whitner is going to have a big year,

Evans looked real good at practice as did Spiller. It was Spiller's first day out there and you can already sense his explosiveness.

However, I am very disappointed in what I saw of Leodis McKelvin tonight. He dropped another punt tonight and got burnt on plenty of occasions. Hopefully Florence lights a fire under his butt otherwise our 1st rounder is going to be playing full-time nickel.

BTW Stevie Johnson absolutely "Moss-ed" McKelvin making the catch of camp for a 30 yard gain or so. SICK.

GO BILLS!

lol when leodis dropped that ball it was like OMG not again every one was thinking about that game last year. and he acted like he didnt care or made no effort.

cj is fast you can see it wow.

loved the Bills truck i want it.

Guest dog14787

I feel the same way. :worthy:

A lot of people have been saying Whitner has had one of the best camps out of anyone. I think he is going to have a big year.

We know Whitner is a great cover guy, and for a safety he is outstanding in man. He doesn't play center field and get interceptions like Byrd. He is a cautious defender.

The Bills secondary is like a pack of hungry wolves with Donte Whitner leading the pack.

Interesting, I wonder what makes the 6th year "voidable."

A lot of rookies sign deals that have the last year voidable. Many times they are only there because they allow teams to keep players if they have been injured for a good portion of their time with the team. A good portion of these voidable years only become that when a player has met playing time requirements.

GO BILLS!

Why do they keep allowing Mckelvin to return punts since his track record of fumbling punts stems from last year.?

It's also his contract year...

Do you honestly think DW wasn't trying as hard as he could? Because like him or not, the guy bleeds for the Bills. He came back too early from a shoulder injury and got run over by Sammy Morris (which is all people who hate him point to).

Whitner, among NFL circles, has a much better reptuation than he does here. Even though it's been 5 years, people jsut can't move on from his draft selection. It's sad.

Why do they keep allowing Mckelvin to return punts since his track record of fumbling punts stems from last year.?

1) He fumbled 2 kickoffs and still has potential to be one of the best in the NFL.

2) It's preseason and a lot of people get reps at returning. Have the Bills ever used McKelvin as a PR? I don't think they have. He's a KR and it's much different catching a punt than fielding a kickoff. I won't worry about this too much.