Bills being discussed on "Playbook"

seq004

They basically said what most of us already know, which he's a liability on offense and that's just what they called him. They praised Willis and said he along with the run blocking is the reason for the turnaround. Everyone said except Parker that if Drew loses one more game he's done. Finally the medis speeks the truth

LMAO, defense, O-line play, mistakes, etc have no influence in winning games!!!

:w00t:

145413[/snapback]

It's all a matter of degree, my friend. Bledsoe has hurt us more than any of those other factors you mentioned. 99% of this board knows it, and now the sluggish media knows it.

Troy Aikman made the Pro Bowl in 1996 with more Ints than TDs. 

:lol:

145655[/snapback]

:rolleyes:

Big deal! Troy was a much better QB than Drew. Get real. Did Troy have two seasons in a row like Drew has now had? Did Troy choke in every big game he had? Don't even try to compare. Troy was a winner and Drew is not and if you think bringing him back would be a good decision than your happy with his numbers of CMP % 57.5, 72.8 rating and 14 int to 13 td's ? The media has realized it why can't some fans realize it is baffling to me

LOL. Defensive, are we?

I actually don't have a problem with most of what you are saying. I was just making the point that sometimes stats DO lie. In the end, the only stat that matters is the record. I do not feel that Bledsoe has played particularly well over the course of the season, but the 5-2 record over the last several games indicates that something is working well for the Bills right now. They've got some consistency and they're regaining a winning attitude. This isn't the time to start screwing that up.

I would not necessarily have a problem with giving Losman a couple of series in the middle of the remaining games, but to start him right now could set back much of the progress the rest of the team has made in the last two months this season.

LOL.  Defensive,  are we?   

I actually don't have a problem with most of what you are saying.  I was just making the point that sometimes stats DO lie.  In the end,  the only stat that matters is the record.  I do not feel that Bledsoe has played particularly well over the course of the season,  but the 5-2 record over the last several games indicates that something is working well for the Bills right now.  They've got some consistency and they're regaining a winning attitude.  This isn't the time to start screwing that up. 

I would not necessarily have a problem with giving Losman a couple of series in the middle of the remaining games,  but to start him right now could set back much of the progress the rest of the team has made in the last two months this season.

145666[/snapback]

I agree to some extent. You are what your record says you are...and we are a below .500 team with only one glaring liability and one position that fails to improve while all others have.

I agree to some extent. You are what your record says you are...and we are a below .500 team with only one glaring liability and one position that fails to improve while all others have.

145673[/snapback]

While the record shows the Bills to be a 5-6 team, I'm not sure that the overall record is indicative of the way this team is playing right now. In addition, I don't really agree that Bledsoe has not improved. He's clearly better than he was last year and early this year. Of course, the problem is that he started out awful and now he's just mediocre. In any event, the Bills have proven that they can play very good football in spite of Bledsoe's problems. The real question here is whether or not JP Losman is ready to take over and whether he can be an improvement in the short term over Bledsoe. I'm fairly confident he'll develop into a solid player in the longer term, but right now, his rookie struggles could damage the momentum the rest of the team currently has.

LOL.  Defensive,  are we?   

I actually don't have a problem with most of what you are saying.  I was just making the point that sometimes stats DO lie.   In the end,  the only stat that matters is the record.   I do not feel that Bledsoe has played particularly well over the course of the season,  but the 5-2 record over the last several games indicates that something is working well for the Bills right now.   They've got some consistency and they're regaining a winning attitude.  This isn't the time to start screwing that up. 

I would not necessarily have a problem with giving Losman a couple of series in the middle of the remaining games,   but to start him right now could set back much of the progress the rest of the team has made in the last two months this season.

145666[/snapback]

:rolleyes: Whatever, The reason they are winning is in despite Bledsoe. Your right it comes down to wins and losses and if Drew would have played better in some games we would be talking playoffs. I think most people outside of Buffalo view our wins as due to O-line and Willis and that Drew is the same old Drew. Stats DON'T lie. He is not a good QB. That's not a lie. You can throw Trent Dilfer in back their and still win with this offense but is he a good QB?? No, and did you ever think what the offense could be with a better QB? It's just my opinion and of course not everyone will agree. While it's hard for me to understand Drewonians I respect your opinion

Would you stil hold the same opinion if we had a different QB and still had the same problems?

145425[/snapback]

Are you asking would we still have the same opinion of a different QB who consistently made bad decisions on the field?

I think the answer is easy.