so are we going to do any trickery ?

brenty

Ok I know in the past with dick, we did a lot of trick plays, or just random plays that always were fun to watch (plus we scored or achieved first down)

I know a lot of it was do to bobby april, but do you think we will have the crazy mentality of trick plays this year???

Ok I know in the past with dick, we did a lot of trick plays, or just random plays that always were fun to watch (plus we scored or achieved first down)

I know a lot of it was do to bobby april, but do you think we will have the crazy mentality of trick plays this year???

More than trick plays I look for trick schemes. This to me would be a sign of Gailey operating at a different level than the norm.

What this means to me is that Gailey is able to put out a certain group of players or show a particular look and then through motion or or play call he then fools the other team by running a different play than they expect.

For example, I hope we see the Bills actually come out with Jackson, Lynch, and Spiller all in the game. Then through efforts like Spiller going in motion (which gets him out into space where he is most dangerous anyway)or even lining ups Lynch or Spiller our wide the opponent sends out a package with a lot of run stoppers, but because Gailey has us go into a spread we end up with mismatches on passing routes.

Likewise if the DC instead sends out his nickel or even a dime package we use the numerous running threats we now have in the game to shred the DBs out to cover our receivers.

Dick didn't have a jumbo package. That means an extra tackle, and a fullback. You can play freddy or spiller offset as a wing and still have three wide receivers. There are so many more opportunities for playaction, screens, and different blocking schemes. It protects the weak side, too. We have flexible players in Schouman, Jackson and Spiller. The dolphins have adapted this offense well. If we get a lead, I want to see us keep it.