ESPN Chat

bernie

Only 1,700 yards? I am thinking more in the neighborhood of 2,000 and a berth in Canton.  :rolleyes:

Get over it my friend. He sucks, he is out of here and we will be hard pressed to sucker someone into parting with a 6th. This MAY be possible only because he was so brain dead that he had to renegotiate a cheap contract.

The day that Travis Gump leaves Buffalo, the Bills will be a better football team, and some parents can breathe a sigh of relief.

Travis Henry is a bag of sh--, and a stupid one at that.

145442[/snapback]

He certainly does not "suck" and everyone (well everyone else I guess) knows it. He is just not a complete back. The Bills have found their complete back in Willis. Though the exaggerations that persist here regarding TH by you and VA are bordering on absurdity. It would be one thing if you guys were calling him an average back , fine whatever, but the "no effort" , "bag of sh--", "he sucks" and the ever so popular and false "he's pouting in the locker room" comments only make you guys look like ICE in spite of the otherwise good knowledge of the game I know you guys have.

It has been asked here before, but why does it always have to be Player A is god and his counterpart player B is a piece of sh-- ? Was it Flutie/Johnson that did this? I will never understand how a Bills fan cannot even in some small way support a guy that busted his ass the whole time while here and improved every season he was here , especially in such a lost season of misery like 2003. The are LB's strewn about the league who have testified to his positive abilities and they should not be ignored. So he was not the next great Bills Rb, get over it.

He certainly does not "suck" and everyone (well everyone else I guess) knows it. He is just not a complete back. The Bills have found their complete back in Willis. Though the exaggerations that persist here regarding TH by you and VA are bordering on absurdity. It would be one thing if you guys were calling him an average back , fine whatever,  but the "no effort" , "bag of sh--", "he sucks" and the ever so popular and false "he's pouting in the locker room" comments only make you guys look like ICE in spite of the otherwise good knowledge of the game I know you guys have.

It has been asked here before, but why does it always have to be Player A is god and his counterpart player B is a piece of sh-- ?  Was it Flutie/Johnson that did this? I will never understand how a Bills fan cannot even in some small way support a guy that busted his ass the whole time while here and improved every season he was here , especially in such a lost season of misery like 2003. The are LB's strewn about the league who have testified to his positive abilities and they should not be ignored. So he was not the next great Bills Rb, get over it.

145480[/snapback]

I suppose that your post would be easier to take were it a tad less sanctimonious, but I will do the best that I can....

Be a "homer" as you will. To this, I plead guilty as well. Now, look at the stats this season if you will. How many times was Drew sacked with Gump in the game as opposed to when MaGahee was in there. Now, ask yourself why, OK?

Travis Gump had some great running stats for 2 seasons, this I readily admit...Why? Because teams were teeing off on Drew and the poor blocking providid to him by his OL, TEs, and yes, Travis Gump.

Now, let's get to this season if we may...What is our W/L record with Travis Gump as the starter? What are the sack stats with and without Travis Gump? How many times this season did Gump fall on his stupid ass during crucial plays? How many blocks did he miss that allowed sacks? How many balls did he drop on passing plays? Did he run any wrong patterns?

Please, rip my postings at your leisure. What I DO ask is that if you choose to do so, bring something to the table so that we may have some football to talk about.

I suppose that your post would be easier to take were it a tad less sanctimonious, but I will do the best that I can....

Be a "homer" as you will. To this, I plead guilty as well. Now, look at the stats this season if you will. How many times was Drew sacked with Gump in the game as opposed to when MaGahee was in there. Now, ask yourself why, OK?

Travis Gump had some great running stats for 2 seasons, this I readily admit...Why? Because teams were teeing off on Drew and the poor blocking providid to him by his OL, TEs, and yes, Travis Gump.

Now, let's get to this season if we may...What is our W/L record with Travis Gump as the starter? What are the sack stats with and without Travis Gump? How many times this season did Gump fall on his stupid ass during crucial plays? How many blocks did he miss that allowed sacks? How many balls did he drop on passing plays? Did he run any wrong patterns?

Please, rip my postings at your leisure. What I DO ask is that if you choose to do so, bring something to the table so that we may have some football to talk about.

146117[/snapback]

Football is a team game and individual players are rarely the difference between winning and losing. Certainly Willis Mac has shown himself to be a more complete running back than Travis (a fact I have been espousing since WM was drafted), but the return of Lawyer Milloy and the gelling of the offensive line (thanks to Mouse) are at least as big and probably bigger than WM's emergence.

Travis certainly has his issues, as have been well documented. You, VA, and I have been on the guy pretty much since the beginning (rightly so). However, he's not nearly the crutch that you're making him out to be. There's plenty of blame to go around for the team's lack of success over the past few years, but TH would be more toward the end than the beginning of that list.

..a third round pick would be good value in my mind if the Bills were going to trade him...

Chris Mortensen said yesterday on 790 ESPN radio (Miami) that he felt it would take at least a 2nd to get Henry. I'm not saying I necessarily agree but it's what his opinion was. I do feel a 3rd for a guy with his resume is reasonable...and a 2nd would be a bonus.

I'm shocked at all the Henry bashing here. The guy has done pretty well in Buffalo for a second rounder. I'm sure all of you would be whistling in the lockeroom considering the facts that he had back to back 1200 yard seasons and the team responded by drafting Willis. The bottom line is that McGahee is more complete but Travis is still a good player...not to mention cheap.