WGR 550

Jerry Sullivan is a scumbag.

The opposite of true. I understand he's perceived as a bitter villain-type and it's reinforced by the way he's promoted, but he's a genuine person who's had the misfortune of covering some terrible teams. Jerry was one of those rare media members willing to take my opinions into consideration the moment we met. In fact, just a few days later he brought in a Russo book I hadn't read, "The Risk Pool," because he thought I'd enjoy it.

Here's a guy who lives in the city and would do anything to see it thrive. Have a beer at a bar with him talking anything other than sports and I'm positive your opinion will change.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know what the big deal is. If you don't like it, don't listen in.

What do you want them to do? Talk about pitching strategy and NASCAR pit strategy for 4 hours? It's August, before preseason. July-early August is sports talk radio hell, and even Colin Cowherd would agree with that.

We don't have a big league baseball team. They cover training camp everyday. The Sabres don't exactly make blockbuster moves, unless you count cutting a 3rd line player for a really cheap arbitrated deal.

NO ONE could be worse than Cowherd. I used to listen to him on the way to work. He talked for the whole 15 minute ride once on whats the oldest age children should sleep in their parents bed. And this was the Monday RIGHT AFTER THE NFC/AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAMES.

NO ONE could be worse than Cowherd. I used to listen to him on the way to work. He talked for the whole 15 minute ride once on whats the oldest age children should sleep in their parents bed. And this was the Monday RIGHT AFTER THE NFC/AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAMES.

The problem with Cowherd, he is an ego-mainiac...he condems anyone who says things like "hey, how would it be if I just called my boss at the Sack-n-Pak, and told them, "I ain't coming in, until you to give me a 500% raise", for comparing their drabby little lives, to athletes...yet, in any analysis, about anything he does, he compares the situation to something in his life. I have heard, over the years, more about his divorce, his realtionship with past employers, than I know about people I worked with for years. And to top it all off, the guy has zero sense of humor. He is, hands down, the worst host on radio, IMO.

After reading 4 pages I give up, but if this wasn't already posted, 1280 WHTK out of rochester now has their own afternoon sports show with John DiTullio (sounds like). This is a major improvement to Shopp and bulldog. They had people who had been at camp talking about what they had seen. Give it a try

jerry sullivan. Seems to know football, and has said a lot of negative things. Sometimes I react to this.....then someone says too many positive things and I react to this....kinda like complaining to your wife about; oh lets say the Bills, but when she says why don't I like the Pats cause they win more,,,, Seems like life to me. Maybe he's seen a Bills game?

My opinion: Some people really need to lighten up. I am truly sick of so many threads being filled with bickering, name calling etc.

What is wrong with someone seeing one player in a different way than someone else? Share your thoughts etc and realize someone may see the same situation differently.

The problem with Cowherd, he is an ego-mainiac...he condems anyone who says things like "hey, how would it be if I just called my boss at the Sack-n-Pak, and told them, "I ain't coming in, until you to give me a 500% raise", for comparing their drabby little lives, to athletes...yet, in any analysis, about anything he does, he compares the situation to something in his life. I have heard, over the years, more about his divorce, his realtionship with past employers, than I know about people I worked with for years. And to top it all off, the guy has zero sense of humor. He is, hands down, the worst host on radio, IMO.

Man, we are so on the same page with this thread and Mad Men!...........I hate Cowherd more than anybody on the radio. He is such a front runner - football rules and everything else sucks (except when he was told by his bosses to talk up soccer), big cities rule and everybody else sucks...........This past week I heard him say that even as a kid, if his team was having a bad year, he'd dump them and pick a team that was winning. "Why go through the pain?" he said. He then said that for this reason, Lakers fans are the best, because they won't support their team when they are losing (and therefore force their owner to get a better team) and Browns/Cubs fans are the stupidest because they keep supporting their teams (and therefore the owner will never try to improve. Never mind that the Cubs have spent a ton of money in recent years, and I'm sure the Browns spend as much as anybody in the NFL).

Hate him, hate him, hate him! (And, this was the first time I listened to him in about a year, since Tony Kornheiser came back)