Spiller's status is a signal to the fans.

Great point! B-)

The thing I like most about Buddy and Chan is that they both seem to be straight shooters, and don't hold back very much when asked direct questions. I too liked the comment by Nix that he will "have something to announce if Spiller is not signed in a few days or so."

Yeh, the "straight shooter" will announce that Spiller is the number three running back until he comes in and beats the other guys out. In essence, no announcement at all. If Spiller doesn't sign immediately, Nix will change his tune. A trend is building.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The truth is that we don't have any idea why Spiller hasn't signed yet. None. That being the case, I don't see how anyone can rake either the team or the player over the coals. He is a good player and the Bills have a business to run.

Well said. So it seems to me this thread is just a waste of my precious time.

Here you go: Russ and the Bills paid 6.5M to an overrated WR last season. The same WR has a 2M dollar contract this year with the Bengals...Ralph showed the money.

B-) Great point. Funny how fast I forgot that T.O. was even here last season. You got me on that one.

I think the ironic thing about the Spiller holdout is that after going to Bills training camp last Saturday, I came away with the impression that drafting Spiller was a BIG MISTAKE. The reason being is that we are LOADED at RB already. Have any of you watched Jacquie Bell practice? To me, he looks like a stud in the making. Marshawn looks powerful and motivated, and Freddie is already a stud back. Throw in McIntyre as a fullback/blocker/H-back, and Simpson as a scatback/kick returner and we are more than set at RB.

I honestly think the Bills believe that as well after a week of training camp. Our secondary and RB corp are top notch. So my thinking is that the Bills are not wowing Spiller's agent with a tremendous deal. (Sure it is between 8 and 10, but probably nowhere close to #8"s deal. If Spiller is not signed by the beginning of next week, what about the possibility of trading his rights to someone who has a very good OT prospect they are willing to part with. A team in need of an electric RB. We are in desperate need of OT's. Looking at this team right now, it sure looks like we should have taken the top OT on the board when we were drafting at #9. Anthony Davis while maybe not an automatic sure thing would have solved a much pressing need (if we could have signed him).

Buddy Nix is a toughguy. I think he is a pragmatist as well. (can't wait to hear what he says about Spiller if not signed this week) Would any of you be shocked if we tried to trade Spiller's rights if he is not signed shortly? Just some thoughts from a different bent on the subject.

trade him,absolutly brainless,whats wrog with you guys.

sometime i think you guys get off on looking like a total idiot!

trade him,absolutly brainless,whats wrog with you guys.

sometime i think you guys get off on looking like a total idiot!

Why is that brainless? It was brainless drafting a player at a position that we are as deep at as any team in the NFL. We needed OLine help and we still do. I would feel very comfortable right now if we had a half decent Left tackle. Oak whatever your name is, keep bitching to me about how brainless my idea is if Spiller is not signed two weeks from now.