For those who have gone to the minicamps

MClem06

So I'm reading the whole pecking order articles over and some of them say that Trent outplayed Brohm and Fitzy but can anyone who has been going to the practices give a true low down on how the arms compare and if Gailey has been really favoring Trent or is he still looking at Brohm just as much? It's tough to get an idea from just the highlights so perhaps a real fan opinion on the game would help. I'd be going to the camps but live in FLA now so any news i get is via Internet.

So I'm reading the whole pecking order articles over and some of them say that Trent outplayed Brohm and Fitzy but can anyone who has been going to the practices give a true low down on how the arms compare and if Gailey has been really favoring Trent or is he still looking at Brohm just as much? It's tough to get an idea from just the highlights so perhaps a real fan opinion on the game would help. I'd be going to the camps but live in FLA now so any news i get is via Internet.

There are one or two reports from fans who've attended camp each day. Search those out, they always include thoughts on the QBs.

Mike always does a good analysis, and he has tons of pics posted.

MClem, I was at Saturday's practice at St. John Fisher. (and if anyone cares, I was the only one there wearing a Paup Jersey-funny thing about that is that the young fans have no idea who he even was)

I tried to watch the QB's as best I could. But I will say that the whole thing is very spread out and it is hard to actually watch a lot of what is going on. That being said, NONE of our QB's is better than average out there. They all can throw the football decently, but none of them has anything special about them-plain and simple. The biggest worry we have is whether our OT's can play a lick. I think that Cornell Green will be fine at right tackle. But watching Meredith, Bell, and Wang at LT makes me scared. Meredith and Bell are quite frankly not very powerful men. And Wang is a rookie who looks physical, but is a step slow. But getting back to your original post, right now there is noone on the roster who will beat Trent out as the starting QB. But that could change once the preseason starts.

I was going to post a similiar thread for those attending practices but why start another. I'm really interested in Torrel Troup. I see us playing a hybrid 3-4 with KW at the nose but I'm really anxous to see if Troup is the real two-gapper beast we need. I didn't get a ton of info from our good TSW posters (although thanks for posting guys) so I'm reaching out here. Anyone seen him practice?