LMAO just found this on youtube

I prefer this youtube link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFcecMcS6bA

CJ Spiller fun fact, from wikipedia: he was the seventh fastest 100 m sprinter in the NATION (10.42 s) as a high school senior :cry: . We've got a potential game changer on our hands. I wish more Bills fans could suspend their cynicism for a while and start enjoying something that's supposed to be entertainment.

There are some great runs in that video (although I had to turn the music off). That last one against Maryland was outstanding.

I was worse, and people actually called to console me :cry:

It wasn't unexpected, whereas I totally did expect the Bills, a small, weak team, to draft a nifty little running back instead of building up a strong team with the #9. The fact that it took approx. 2 seconds to make the pick was telling. They had no plans of entertaining any last minute trade offers. Why not? What was to lose?

Nix/Gailey obviously didn't like the quarterbacks. What to do? They bought the next best ticket seller, a flashy running back. Offensive Tackles win games, but they don't sell tickets.

Probably the same thing they thought when they passed on their boy Orakpo last year. We all know how that worked out.

That was worse............. Orakpo was definitely a name everyone heard, same as Spiller. It took a while to wrap my head around it but he was the best player on the board I get that but Maybin??? That was a travesty!! Unreal........it proves how senile Ralph is when that happened. I hate Jauron more than watching SB 25 for 12 hrs straight.

the only thing in that video(highlight video) i didnt like, was that CJ doesnt switch the ball to his outside hand when carrying it. I see NFL defenders taking swipes at the pumpkin....

Me. Definitely me.

I still don't like the Spiller pick, even though I like Spiller himself and look forward to seeing him as a Bill. Over the two or three days before the draft it became obvious that he was a possibility. I didn't like it.

I wanted Dan Williams, Brandon Graham, Derrick Morgan if they thought he could play ROLB, or Bulaga or a trade back and a pickup of one of the lower tier of LTs like Saffold. Or Clausen of course. And I sure wanted Clausen bad in the second round. That was the one I think might come back to haunt them.

I agree with you on Brandon Graham or a trade back for Saffold. I think both will be solid pros and I can see BG in multiple pro bowls.

I am not so sure about your assessment of Clausen though. I was very big on Clausen pre-draft but was concerned by his losing record in college 15-19. So I did a little research. By my count there have been 37 pro-bowl quarterbacks since 2000. I couldn't find one with a losing record in college. If you find one let me know.

Some examples:

Daunte Culpepper 25-19

Rich Gannon 24-11

Aaron Rodgers 17-6

Tom Brady 20-5

I am not saying having a winning record in college guarantees you will have success in the NFL. I am saying having a losing record may guarentee you won't.

You must just hate Clausen.

Your usually logical and factual mind has somehow twisted the facts on you. Why don't you take another look at where Clausen was actually drafted. Hint: it wasn't the 3rd round.

My bad. Pick #48 2nd round. But you're right, I don't think much of the kid.

PTR

Is just me...(It has to be).... or does everyone on this board really and truly think we are perfectly set at running back?

Before you respond, look at basic facts -

1. Freddy is 30, and will not be here performing at his current level long term

2. Marshawn may, or may not resurrect his career, but even more pressing is the fact that IF hes does make a comeback, he clearly wants out of here.

3. Assuming Freddy is the starter, Marshawn the backup, and one of them or both goes down, or "least Mode" gets suspended for being a Brick_Head; What options do we truly have?

I look at the Spiller pick as one of the smartest picks in recent history, if he lives up to his billing.

Forget what i think about the Tebow/Claussen/McCoy group, which Isn't much right now, we seem to have the same bunch of unprovens on our roster now, I really like the prospects coming up better, and if we picked one of these guys, we would definitely not be looking at top QB talent next year, just as we did in '06. I really wanted Cutler, and if he ever gets a good offensive system, could very well be awesome.

I would really hate to see Spiller on another team, and I think he will eventually show everyone on this board they were wrong to doubt him as a pick. (Opinion expressed, not implied)

On draft day, I thought the Bills had more important things to do with the ninth pick overall. Lynch's actions since that date have made me appreciate this pick.