Session Beer Question

plenzmd1

I like Stoudts brand tripel. It hits you with herbs, orange, vanilla, and a coriander finish. Great for pork.

mmm...will give that a try soon.

know whats better than pairing beer wiht food??

Pairing beer with beer cooked food!!!

We made beer braised pork chops with this stout ale I had brewed with garlic mashed IPA potatoes. Best meal ever.

Its a fairly typical tripel in my opinion. The selling point is the 10% ABV. Well masked and itll hit you before you know whats going on. Actually it think would do nicely on the beach.

Unfortunately I wasn't hanging out on the beach, today. I bought two 16oz Heineken cans for $3 a the local quick mart. That was perfect to drink in the car with the carne asada tacos. The place makes a pretty hot habanero salsa and have two of my favorite hot sauces on the counter: Ring of Fire and Melinda's Naga Jololia. Both flavorful and nice and hot, neither stupid hot. I'm getting hooked on this place.

• 3 weeks later...
If you like Stone then the Levitation Ale is a great session brew at 4.4%. Lots of flavor for such a "light" beer. I think Stone Pale Ale is only around 5.4% which isn't bad.

A new one to try might be Victory Prima Pils. It's loaded with hops and it is 5.3%...not bad. It is kinda expensive around me though.

Matty,

:P on the Levitation Ale. First time back at the Total Wine since this thread, and they had this as a single option. Was right back the next day getting a 24. Exactly what I was looking for..hope the Bills have good luck when I am drinking them cause looks like that be beer of choice for games this year

The majority of the beers mentioned in this thread are not session beers.

Link

session beer

n.

Any beer that contains no higher than 5 percent ABV, featuring a balance between malt and hop characters (ingredients) and, typically, a clean finish - a combination of which creates a beer with high drinkability. The purpose of a session beer is to allow a beer drinker to have multiple beers, within a reasonable time period or session, without overwhelming the senses or reaching inappropriate levels of intoxication. (Yes, you can drink and enjoy beer without getting drunk.)

--

Let's use it in a sentence!

"Whoa. This 4.5 percent ABV lager is so crisp, refreshing and drinkable, with just a touch of hops and malty sweetness. I could drink this all day long! Actually, I think I might!" exclaimed Todd. "Sounds like a perfect session beer! Next round is on me!" agreed Jason.

Matty,

:P on the Levitation Ale. First time back at the Total Wine since this thread, and they had this as a single option. Was right back the next day getting a 24. Exactly what I was looking for..hope the Bills have good luck when I am drinking them cause looks like that be beer of choice for games this year

Awesome! Glad I hit on a good one for you.