Support the Troops

Most of us are going to be enjoying the holidays with our families and friends. There are alot of American heroes who won't be so fortunate. Below is a link to many of the organizations dedicated to helping these men and women get through this very difficult season and the days beyond. Take a minute...

Thanks.

Actually, good job to all the organizations who do the work.  I just send some cash so they can continue doing what they do.

143950[/snapback]

And trust me they appreciate every penny. I am fortunate enough to be home this year but won't be so lucky next. I'm Blessed to have a loving supporting family but many there do not. Thank you for the support.

And trust me they appreciate every penny. I am fortunate enough to be home this year but won't be so lucky next. I'm Blessed to have a loving supporting family but many there do not. Thank you for the support.

143974[/snapback]

And don't forget the USMC's Toys for Tots program, either.

143974[/snapback]

6 Christmas' away from home, brother. I can empathize. :w00t:

I just heard from my girlfriend in Houston that her son who was in the 10th mountain and had been to Afghanistan twice, was recently transferred to 3rd Army and is shipping out to Iraq on December 23rd.

December 23rd? Why not the 26th? Three trips to a war zone? Are we that short of troops? You're right - we women do not understand.

I just heard from my girlfriend in Houston that her son who was in the 10th mountain and had been to Afghanistan twice, was recently transferred to 3rd Army and is shipping out to Iraq on December 23rd. 

December 23rd?  Why not the 26th? Three trips to a war zone?  Are we that short of troops? You're right - we women do not understand.

144008[/snapback]

Because there are guys coming back from the theater who've earned the right to spend this holiday with their family.

The military of today is alot more cognizant of such things than you're giving them credit for.

Because there are guys coming back fron the theater who've earned the right to spend this holiday with their family. 

The military of today is alot more cognizant of such things than you're giving them credit for.

144012[/snapback]

Great thread Darin. God Bless our troops.

BTW, what is "FRON" :w00t::w00t:

Thanks for that Darin,

Youf money does go to good use. We all got 40 minute phone cards and I got so much friggin candy from support groups out here!

We also get shaving cream, razors and stuff AND OH MY GOD SOFT TOILET PAPER! ITS THE #1 TRADING THING ON THE BOAT!!!

I got a 100 dollar gift cert from Outback! Our mail calls out here last about 2-3 hours and it takes all hands not on watch to sort the stuff out. I write to everybody I get a box from. Its fun stuff but I think the ground pounders need it more. We eat 3 hots out here and those guys are eating MRE's everyday... The cooks bake them cookies and we all donate our candy to them from here.

I thank all of you guys for everything! During the war alot of people in here sent me stuff and man it was great. That was 3 of the hardest months of my life and you guys really helped me out. I owe dinners to a bunch of you. This is my last month on this ship before I head to Instructor Duty at Dam Neck, VA. Its been the best tour of my career. I plan to be at 3-5 home games next season. I need a break from the sea. 6 years straight of sea duty is tuff but its going to get me chief and that is what counts!

Thanks for that Darin,

Youf money does go to good use.  We all got 40 minute phone cards and I got so much friggin candy from support groups out here! 

We also get shaving cream, razors and stuff  AND OH MY GOD SOFT TOILET PAPER!  ITS THE #1 TRADING THING ON THE BOAT!!!

I got a 100 dollar gift cert from Outback!  Our mail calls out here last about 2-3 hours and it takes all hands not on watch to sort the stuff out.  I write to everybody I get a box from.  Its fun stuff but I think the ground pounders need it more.  We eat 3 hots out here and those guys are eating MRE's everyday...  The cooks bake them cookies and we all donate our candy to them from here. 

I thank all of you guys for everything!  During the war alot of people in here sent me stuff and man it was great.  That was 3 of the hardest months of my life and you guys really helped me out.  I owe dinners to a bunch of you.  This is my last month on this ship before I head to Instructor Duty at Dam Neck, VA.  Its been the best tour of my career.  I plan to be at 3-5 home games next season.  I need a break from the sea.  6 years straight of sea duty is tuff but its going to get me chief and that is what counts!

144099[/snapback]

Congrats for getting through and enjoy your time ashore. You've earned it.

Now change your damn sig line! :w00t: