Bills Road Game Stories

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here Ill repost the quote from your story again

Now..... What about that even REMOTELY resembles what you described in your last post.... besides the fact that they happened in a public place?

Im sorry, but your situation and an actual tragedy like those you described are very different. Unless you suspected the dope smokers were going to go on a rampage, you pulling the gun out would have been the real tragedy.

I think you may be misunderstanding my point. The point is that a tragedy did NOT occur at the stadium. I am professional and restrained and kept quiet the rest of the game. I never and I repeat NEVER stated nor intended to draw my firearm because of the silly comment he made. I just find it somewhat ironic that he makes a comment to me and he has no idea I'm packing heat. This is not an ego trip just a statement of fact. But, just because a tragedy did NOT occur does not mean that one could not have occurred. For example, the crowd could have surrounded the elated Bills fan and attempt to pick me up to throw me off the top of the stadium to my death. You might be yelling..."I wish I had my gun or someone help me or doesn't anyone have a gun to stop this?" I on the other hand would be able to defend myself and perhaps YOU!!!! They have been flying planes for years in the United States and now Federal Air Marshals are armed on planes. No tragedy happens on the multitude of flights each day but the the armed Air Marshals still do their job on the planes just in case a tragedy does occur. Why? To be prepared. Get it?

unfortunately, the havoc of a gun going off in a crowd of 80,000 at a stadium would be terrible. I would much rather have searches, metal detectors etc at the entrance then deal with armed and law abiding citizens making choices in that setting

Don't travel via commercial air then. There could be an armed passenger protecting you and the plane. The searches, metal detectors and the increased airport security and what the heck they still need armed Federal Air Marshals? Why?

Again, this characterization does not apply to you. We've already established that you are not a law abiding citizen.

I tell you that I'm a law abiding citizen. You may have established me as a non law abiding citizen (as well as others) but it simply is FALSE.

I love that everyone is giving this guy a hard time about being armed at the LA Coliseum twenty years ago. News Flash - there were probably, oh, maybe ONE or TWO gang-affiliated Raiders fans at that game who were carrying. LA is not a quiet midwestern town.

It's Tommy Lee Jones. He caught the one-armed man. Cut him some slack.

I love that everyone is giving this guy a hard time about being armed at the LA Coliseum twenty years ago. News Flash - there were probably, oh, maybe ONE or TWO gang-affiliated Raiders fans at that game who were carrying. LA is not a quiet midwestern town.

It's Tommy Lee Jones. He caught the one-armed man. Cut him some slack.

Hilarious. Thanks for the laugh.

Oh what a soothsayer you are! I am amazed. I will be sure to invite you to all events I attend and you can tell me which events are safe and which events a tragedy will occur. I am sure all students and all campuses in the United States feel that there is no need for a law abiding citizen/student to carry a gun...unless they need it. I am not diminishing any tragedy but I'm not going to bury my head in the sand and pretend that those tragedies never happened. Oh, how events may have changed if someone armed was able to stop these villians in their tracks. Reference the Fort Hood Shooting:

"The gunman, identified as Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan, was wounded at the scene but was captured alive and was in stable condition..."

"Eleven of the victims died at the scene, military officials said. A 12th died later at a hospital...most of those who were shot were military but two were civilians."

"...a female officer who was thought to be the first responder shot Hasan and was herself wounded and had undergone surgery at a hospital. It was not clear if the officer was a military policewoman or a civilian officer." (note: It is unclear if her or her partner shot the suspect)

"...the suspect was shot at least four times."

How much worse could this have been if there were no armed officers in the area?

They are trained professionals, whose job it is to carry firearms and be ready to engage in a shootout at any time, you haven't identified yourself as such, and if you pulled out your weapon and discharged it at the game, as others have stated, there would have been mass confusion and fear, and people running for their lives.

They are trained professionals, whose job it is to carry firearms and be ready to engage in a shootout at any time, you haven't identified yourself as such, and if you pulled out your weapon and discharged it at the game, as others have stated, there would have been mass confusion and fear, and people running for their lives.

Yes, trained professional. We should be thanking people who protect and serve. Whether on duty or off duty. Minimal confusion if you clearly ID yourself.

Yes, trained professional. We should be thanking people who protect and serve. Whether on duty or off duty. Minimal confusion if you clearly ID yourself.

agreed, you may have avoided some of the backlash if you had mentioned that earlier..... the first few posts made it seem like you were someone trying to be hard cause you were packing heat... thanks for clarifying....

November 4, 1990 at Cleveland. Sat in the dogpound with just a simple Bills cap to show my allegiance. It was a blowout for us and we figured by the middle of the fourth quarter that it would be prudent to head for the bus. As we were leaving we scored on an interception to make it 42-0. We did not have one bit of trouble with any Browns fans. Of course instead of cheering loudly and making asses of ourselves in their stadium we did the golf clap thing and reveled (quietly) in the fact that we had the vastly superior team.

I was in the dogpound for that game too. I was in college in Cleveland at the time and my buddies and I had painted G-O-B-I-L-L-S on our chests. Every time the Bills scored we took our shirts off. We dodged a few beer cups and got bitched at a few times but, I got punched in the face by a toothless grandma after we scored that last TD. It was hysterical, what a great time!!

agreed, you may have avoided some of the backlash if you had mentioned that earlier..... the first few posts made it seem like you were someone trying to be hard cause you were packing heat... thanks for clarifying....

Sorry for the skepticism but the way you've acted in this thread has not screamed trained professional. Apparently you don't care to give details but if you are law enforcement I am glad you aren't walking the streets here with the chip you seem to have on your shoulder. Isn't that supposed to be last line of defense? You jumped from a silly comment to what if they tried to throw me off the top of the stadium. Do you really not see why people reacted the way they did?

You are right, you didn't pull it but the fact that you associate the comment the guy made with your gun would worry me about you carrying a gun. Ive heard stupid talk like that many times too and my first association isn't gun, knife, or fists....

Edit: clearly not referring to you mark, I do in fact agree those that protect and serve deserve the utmost respect, but with that comes the utmost responsibility, and decorum and I'm just not seeing it here.

Getting back to the point of this thread, I once went to a Raiders/Bills game at the Coliseum. I had just lit up a joint with my dad and son. We were having a nice mellow time with some good hearted ribbing of some away fans, when these two insecure jackasses flashed their "heat". I mean, really, who take a gun to a stadium anyway and more importantly, who still calls it "heat". Oh well. Some peoples' kids, ya know.