Interesting Comparison Of TE to Sanchez and Henne

I don't get the high expectations for the Dols. Ignoring what should be a major question in whether Henne will improve, they lost 16 sacks in Taylor and Porter, and the guy they're hoping to replace them, Cameron Wake, had just 5.5 sacks last year, and he's strictly a pure pass rusher who can't cover or defend the run. They also lost Jason Ferguson, who was key to the 3-4, and have Randy Starks in his place, and he's the same size as Kyle Williams. They are also relying on a rookie DE, starting opposite the above average Kendall Langford, relying on another rookie, a LB, while Channing Crowder is coming off a season-ending injury, and their secondary is weak. Now Karlos Dansby is a good player, in a 4-3, and he won't solve all those problems.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I may be wrong, but what I conclude, both from this information and the fact that we waited until the 7th round to pick a QB, is that Chan and Buddy think that Trent has the tools to be at least adequate, given a better scheme and coaching.

+1

I think TE and even JP are/was good enough to become something in the NFL.

Unfortunately its very difficult for a QB to be successful in the NFL without the right offense/offensive line. And then there is general life chaos such as injuries, dropped pass here or there, etc.

I'm not saying either of the guys *are* good right now... but both definitely have/had potential to be as much.

If TE earns the job, I fully support him and hope he does well for the sake of our team. :devil: