Pat Moran reporting Edwards will be qb1 = continuity of FAIL

bfw1234

What has been mentioned here has merit: As much as the fans hated Jauron, imagine how stifling a situation it must've been for the Bills QB's to be put into. Add to that the lack of appropriate talent - I was going to say, for the particular offensive scheme - but, I then remembered - there didn't ever seem to be a particular scheme here. We had no Identity on offense for the last four years, I'd say, if not longer. Since Bledsoe.

Lets let Gailey install his offense. If none of our present QB's can be successful running it, I've got no doubt we'll see a franchise QB drafted next year.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What has been mentioned here has merit: As much as the fans hated Jauron, imagine how stifling a situation it must've been for the Bills QB's to be put into. Add to that the lack of appropriate talent - I was going to say, for the particular offensive scheme - but, I then remembered - there didn't ever seem to be a particular scheme here. We had no Identity on offense for the last four years, I'd say, if not longer. Since Bledsoe.

Lets let Gailey install his offense. If none of our present QB's can be successful running it, I've got no doubt we'll see a franchise QB drafted next year.

Assuming one is available where we will be picking. Despite the protests and howls from the draft gurus here, nobody after Bradford was considered franchise quality. One thing Nix will NOT do is reach for a QB because he feels he has to. If we need a QB that bad, they will likely go the free agent route instead....unless a rookie cap is in place. Then at least you aren't mortgaging your future on a kid who may not pan out.

Pat Moran?? Do you know who he is. A kid with a website playing reporter. My Polish grandmother is a more credible source.

PTR

The real issue here, I think, is Pat says he got the info from "a pair of current players".

Do you think Chan has told the players who will be #1 in the training camp pecking order? If he told these players can we assume he told the entire team? If he told the entire team, I'm guessing there would be more leaks, and to reporters with a lot more clout than Moran. If he only told a few players, Chan must have a good idea who leaked the info.

Of course, Chan has probably not told ANY player what he is thinking with regard to QB, just yet.

I'm not saying Edwards will or won't get the TC nod, but it probably has nothing to do with this report.

The real issue here, I think, is Pat says he got the info from "a pair of current players".

Do you think Chan has told the players who will be #1 in the training camp pecking order? If he told these players can we assume he told the entire team? If he told the entire team, I'm guessing there would be more leaks, and to reporters with a lot more clout than Moran. If he only told a few players, Chan must have a good idea who leaked the info.

Of course, Chan has probably not told ANY player what he is thinking with regard to QB, just yet.

I'm not saying Edwards will or won't get the TC nod, but it probably has nothing to do with this report.

I already know one of the "mystery" players is Drayton Florence, since he's tweeted as much that he thinks Edwards will start. That's some mighty fancy reportin' there, Pat. :rolleyes:

PTR

I already know one of the "mystery" players is Drayton Florence, since he's tweeted as much that he thinks Edwards will start. That's some mighty fancy reportin' there, Pat. :rolleyes:

PTR

Yeah Florance the great QB evaluator.

We probably are a 4-5 win team this year, no matter who the QB is. If Kelly were here in his prime, maybe 6 wins. We don't have a starting caliber OT on the roster and despite the potential on the interior line, those players are very green.

Aside from Evans, we don't know if we have anything at WR. As was previously stated in this thread, he isn't really a good #1 WR in this league.

Our defense won't do much, playing a 5-2 scheme either, teams will kill us with the short passes.

The "good" news as far as all of this IMHO is that the thing Gailey seems to be doing differently from the failure of past Bill regimes (and way too many fans on TSW) is that he seems to be setting this up NOT to simply give the QB job to some braintrust or fan designated savior, but instead is developing a system and requiring the athlete to take the job.

My since of this is that it is in essence a multi-variable equation which is not going to be solved by any one player (even though us human beans with our little brains seem to must have one person who gets too much of the credit for wins and unfortunately too much of the blame for the losses.

We want, desire, and demand a savior. We are gonna have one and that usually is the QB in the game we love.

We demand this despite the fact that the best Bills teams on the early 90s did have Jimbo as the designated savior, but one would have to simply be silly to try to ignore or minimize the essential roles that a host of players (and fellow HOFers like) like Bruce, Thurman, Tasker, Reed, Marv, Polian, et al played in our success.

There is the repetitive negative examples of JP, Bledsoe, TC, Hobert (and even AVP for some) being deemed our starter when they did not have or were not given a framework where they could actually perform adequately. There is the big object lesson of the the whole RJ/DF broohaha which without regard to whether one was a RJ or a DF guys one has to agree that the starting QB was given the job when he did not have the tools necessary to do the job and the alternative (whichever you choose) was not adequately given credit/blame for his successes/failures.

I personally have my doubt about whether Edwards can avoid the injury prone history which he has demonstrated (I objectively define this as missing significant PT 3 times in 2 seasons) so that he can become our starting QB, Fitz's talents (he has demonstrated to me he is a gamer and a good enough talent to play the Frank Reich role for us but is destined to produce like AVP if given the fulltime savior role). IMHO Brohm actually has potential. However, he defines potential as simply meaning you have proved to be successful anywhere yet as a pro.

The key to this in terms of winning football is that the eventual franchise QB needs to win the job on the field in order to really gain the faith of his teammates, the braintrust, the fanbase and at least be able to credibly defend himself from the media which will attack him anyway because they make their nickels from controversy either real or imagined.

Life is uncertain (which is part of why its interesting) so we will see, but I like the case that Gailey may be handling an issue like Brohm seeming to have lost confidence in himself by creating a situation where Nrohm will need to take the job from Edwards if he really is as good as we hope he is. The old Bills way practiced by Jauron who deemed Edwards the savior after JP had been deemed the savior by TD (even JP said he would do his best but had not won the job the right way) who had stupidly extended Bledsoe who was the designated savior after the DF/RJ debacle who came in after the Hobert/TC debacle (I may have messed up the order or ordinations here).

It all goes back to Mr. Ralph making a wrong football judgment that Jimbo had more left than he had as a QB when he flagrantly flaunted the salary cap by making a handshake deal with Jimbo to reward him in his next contract which unfortunately never happened.

I like the competition and am not displeased that if Brohn is the man for the job he will need to pry it out of Edwards cold dead hands. Someone must be the starter in the pecking order and making that man Edwards is fine by me.