Should we run the single wing/wildcat as a staple of our offense?

Hossage

Single wing poll (mult choice)  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Should we?

• Yes, 20 plays a game
    • Yes, as part of the offense, but only around ten plays a game
    • Situationally. Gadget plays, goal line plays, ect
    • No.
    • I dont know. I cant stop thinking about Dakota Fanning

It is becoming more apparent that the single wing is a legitimate style of offense, and teams that employ it frequently improve at executing it. I would like to hear your thoughts on this style of offense.

BONUS QUESTION: What is the deal with this NFL rule?

"Teams will be permitted an Active List of 45 players and an Inactive List of eight players for each regular-season and postseason game. Provided that a club has two quarterbacks on its 45-player Active List, a third quarterback from its Inactive List is permitted to dress for the game, but if he enters the game during the first three quarters, the other two quarterbacks are thereafter prohibited from playing."

I hope you're between 16 & 18, because Dakota Fanning is 16 years old.

Get your mind out of the gutter. I am wowed by her acting talent, you sicko. Now lets talk about football.

Why be like everyone else? We used to be a 3-4 Defense, but our inept coaches didn't like us being the #2 defense in the NFL, so we changed and became dead last. Now we should be like the Fish? Let it rest, be unique, piss everyone off, and win games. Let Gailey do his stuff.

Get your mind out of the gutter. I am wowed by her acting talent, you sicko. Now lets talk about football.

With this kind of statement: "I dont know. I cant stop thinking about Dakota Fanning", what do expect people to think?!

I just watched watched Spiller's highlights again and was completely impressed (again). I'm so glad that Gailey is the Bills HC, instead of Skeletor, because Skeletor would have no clue how to use Spiller. It should be very interesting to see how Gailey will use all 3 RB's and what formations will be used.

3 out of 4 of our best offensive players are running backs... of course we should try to take advantage of that. Is that running the WildCat? Or is that running Lynch/Jackson split backs and having Spiller line up as a receiver? I don't know, I let coaches do their job with that stuff... but I do think we need to utilize our most talented players. :thumbsup:

It is becoming more apparent that the single wing is a legitimate style of offense, and teams that employ it frequently improve at executing it. I would like to hear your thoughts on this style of offense.

Who says?

You better work the phones and haunt the waiver wire because you will need it. You put 4 in the backfield - chronically - you will need a backhoe to exctricate this or that one from the turf if you play me.

Who says?

You better work the phones and haunt the waiver wire because you will need it. You put 4 in the backfield - chronically - you will need a backhoe to exctricate this or that one from the turf if you play me.

If I play you? Who are you?

We know that there must be four men in the backfield on any given play. I was thinking more like an extra tackle, a tight end, and a fullback than four halfbacks. The single wing describes one tight end and one wing back, but I was using the term loosely. I think San Francisco and Miami do it well.

BONUS QUESTION: What is the deal with this NFL rule?

"Teams will be permitted an Active List of 45 players and an Inactive List of eight players for each regular-season and postseason game. Provided that a club has two quarterbacks on its 45-player Active List, a third quarterback from its Inactive List is permitted to dress for the game, but if he enters the game during the first three quarters, the other two quarterbacks are thereafter prohibited from playing."

I my be a troll but at least I'm not a pedophile.

You arent even Bills fan, buttsniffer. Dead baby jokes disgust me less than you do, and they at least have some redeeming value. Go put on some leotards and do aerobics, queen.

You arent even Bills fan, buttsniffer. Dead baby jokes disgust me less than you do, and they at least have some redeeming value.

Doesn't get most worst than a PEDOPHILE. Even low life inmates kill them. You are the worst of the worst. May your "pedophile ass rot in hell."

From Mike the "proud troll."

No. It has been fairly well documented all you have to do to stop the Wildcat is blitz everyone. Until someone like Pat White can become a legitimate throwing threat while running the Wildcat it will not be a staple of anyone's offense. If defenses were concerned about the pass they would shift a LB to cover the real QB lined up wide and leave the corners defending the WR's. As it is now the corners stay wide with the QB so the LB's can stay close to the line knowing it will be a run. Blitz the OLB's and SS and you stop the Wildcat. End of story.

No. It has been fairly well documented all you have to do to stop the Wildcat is blitz everyone. Until someone like Pat White can become a legitimate throwing threat while running the Wildcat it will not be a staple of anyone's offense. If defenses were concerned about the pass they would shift a LB to cover the real QB lined up wide and leave the corners defending the WR's. As it is now the corners stay wide with the QB so the LB's can stay close to the line knowing it will be a run. Blitz the OLB's and SS and you stop the Wildcat. End of story.

Not entirely true. Ronnie Brown can legitimately throw the ball (hence why when he went down and Rickey Williams gave us that gift on Thanksgiving last year). Plus, blitz eight guys every time and I guarantee you give up a big play, even with Fred Jackson throwing the ball. IIRC, the Ravens were successful stopping the wildcat in it's infancy because their LB's were disciplined in their gap assignments. I seem to remember Ray Lewis making a lot of tackles in both games.

I voted 10 plays a game even though I think Gaily will use the pistol not the spread, which I realize is sort of the same but isn't either. I do think Chan will come up with some creative uses for the 3 headed monster. I think the spread could work against older defenses (less quick OLBs and old linemen) so the 10 plays a game should be an average. I wouldn't use it too much against Miami or the Jests, for instance. I do think most teams will be looking for it with the Bills so they might not use it so much.