James Hardy looked out of shape at Buffalo's recent round of minic

Oooops, read this part first:

Bills WR James Hardy looked out of shape on the practice field at Buffalo's recent round of minicamps.

Hardy blamed his lethargic practicing on offseason sports hernia surgery, which prevented him from working out for an entire six weeks. We're not doctors, but that seems like quite a long time to recover from a surgery that players can return from in a matter of 2-3 weeks during the regular season. Hardy continues to drop on the depth chart and shape up as a bust.

Source: ESPN.com

Here: http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playernew...t=NFL&rwr=1

Bills WR James Hardy looked out of shape on the practice field at Buffalo's recent round of minicamps.

Hardy blamed his lethargic practicing on offseason sports hernia surgery, which prevented him from working out for an entire six weeks. We're not doctors, but that seems like quite a long time to recover from a surgery that players can return from in a matter of 2-3 weeks during the regular season. Hardy continues to drop on the depth chart and shape up as a bust.

We're not doctors.... but here is our medical opinion.

Slow news day in the NFL?

Hey, I hear Brett Favre might retire.

Or not.

;)

After reading the actual article, it seems someone is jumping to conclusions without much info. All they said was Hardy "looked like he was getting into shape." That does not automatically saying he is flabby and becoming the next Mike Williams. It does not say anything about his work ethics, or lack of either.

Only thing concrete is Hardy had surgery this off season, which will not prevent him from participating in training camp.

From the picks and video I have seen Hardy looks rock solid and beefed up from what I remember from rookie year. In fact I see someone who looks like a knock off of TO . Lets hope he can play like TO who took him under his wing last year.That would be a real return on TO's $6.500,000.

From the picks and video I have seen Hardy looks rock solid and beefed up from what I remember from rookie year. In fact I see someone who looks like a knock off of TO . Lets hope he can play like TO who took him under his wing last year.That would be a real return on TO's $6.500,000.

To compare Hardy to TO is absurd. Wake up dude!!!!!!

I said his body reminds me of TO , not his play... but I'm hoping that comes down the road.

Reading comprehention ,geez.....

Any comparison to TO isn't just. Hardy and TO shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence. Hardy has done NOTHING and I mean NOTHING for this team except one nice TD catch. He looked lost and dumbfounded on the field when he was healthy. He couldn't shed any blocks and he looked as "dumb as a rock." A better comparison is to compare him to a rock not TO.

I said his body reminds me of TO , not his play... but I'm hoping that comes down the road.

Reading comprehention ,geez.....

Yeah, but even when it comes to body-type, a "TO" is few and far between. Not many guys are built like TO, and Hardy's physique is faaaaaaaaaar from comparable.

Not saying Hardy doesn't have his own unique brand of physical tools, but he definitely doesn't have TO's.

6 weeks of not working out after you are in great shape is not that big a deal. You get it back quickly. It said he had surgery after the season. If he has had time to workout since the surgery that is alarming if he is out of shape. We are counting on Hardy and he has a chance to be the #2

This Hardy thing is what bothers me about what fans are becoming. There are a good number of people who can't wait to call this guy a bust. It's like they are rooting for him to fail and they after he does, they can say they were right. Hardy is from a rough place and made some mistakes. He gets injured and wins the Ed Block Award for community service & spends all of last year learning from TO. Sounds like a guy to root for.

whoever wrote this is an a-s-s-h-o-l-e. i had that surgery, and you're specifically prohibited from strenuous activities for 6 weeks afterward. people do not return from this in 2-3 weeks.

i could tell you more, but i know very few of you care. just trust me- this idiot does not know what he's talking about. my surgeon was one of the pioneers of this procedure here in the states- he was the same guy that did mcnabb. his recovery protocol called for only the very lightest therapy for SIX WEEKS.

yeah...not sure what to think myself.....after I attached the link, I realized that the writer was writing pure opinion. My main 2 main concerns about Hardy are:

#1: Coming out of college was: route running was not his thing. He was a raw talent that used his size to his get where he got.

#2: He has not accomplished anything in the pro's yet. Let's hope he does. He needs to prove some things....this year, just to state the obvious.

Wish we had some more proven talent at the position. Right now, I don't think many teams/secondaries are scared about our WR's. (And yes, I know we have RB's and some promising WR's on the roster. Let's hope it all pans out.