How Many People Were Screaming For Whitehurst?

H2o

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Either you are lying or hallucinating.

I just searched TSW archives and here is the only thread on Whitehurst:

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/index.php?showtopic=109316

One poster throws him out as and option and gets ridiculed.

There may only be one thread but there are many replies mentioning Whitehurst. I saw his name brought up all the time when I was begging for Jason Campbell or Troy Smith. Just take a look at an QB ranking whether fantasy or other wise. Jason Campbell is rated WAY WAY above any Buffalo QB. In spite of this people still ran him down saying he was no better than what we have AND HE PLAYS ON AN EVEN WORSE TEAM!!!!!!

I'm not making guarantees but if people couldn't see that Campbell was potentially a pretty significant upgrade over what we already have they are morons.

There may only be one thread but there are many replies mentioning Whitehurst. I saw his name brought up all the time when I was begging for Jason Campbell or Troy Smith. Just take a look at an QB ranking whether fantasy or other wise. Jason Campbell is rated WAY WAY above any Buffalo QB. In spite of this people still ran him down saying he was no better than what we have AND HE PLAYS ON AN EVEN WORSE TEAM!!!!!!

I'm not making guarantees but if people couldn't see that Campbell was potentially a pretty significant upgrade over what we already have they are morons.

Campbell > Trent

Campbell > Fitz

But we dont know if Campbell is better than Brohm because he is essentially a rookie in terms of playing time.

Yes, JC is better than Trent and Fitz given what they have shown on the field, but that doesnt make JC the best choice for our long term answer. He has been average at best and I dont know that his cieling is much higher than that. His big knocks have been that he iisnt a good decision maker and hasnt been able to get it done when it matters.

I would not have been upset if we grabbed him for what Oak gave up for him, but I also wasnt dissapointed either. Its pretty clear that the FO thinks enough of Brohms potential to give him a shot first and also feel that Trent was put in a position to fail and would like to see if he can put it together under the new regime before they officially pull the plug on him too. If they really thought Campbell could be a franchise QB they would have grabbed him given how cheap they could have gotten him for.

Most importantly though, they also know next years QB crop is deep, so if there was ever a year to see if Brohm or Trent can develop under Chan, this is it. If they dont step up, we will have a good shot at a top QB prospect next year or can look to acquire one in FA or via trade.

I think the FO got this one right...see what we truly got with a real offensive game plan rather than go out and get a guy like Campbell who seems more destined to be a middle of the road kind of guy.