What do we know about McNeil and Jackson?

Wizard

I know..I know. Some people have weighed in on McNeil being unhappy with his contract and that the Bills should get him. That's a different post altogether. I do have three general questions that I would like some feedback on.

#1 Other than the fact that McNeil is a LT and Vincent Jackson (WR) (obvious offensive needs for Buffalo), how well would their playing styles fit into what you believe Gailey and the front office is trying to do now and in the near future? In other words, does either player seem like a good fit beyond the position that they play?

#2. While it is obvious that both McNeil and Jackson want to be paid more money/longer contract, what do we know about their character/work ethic with the Chargers organization? I think most on the board are in agreeance that we don't mind a little bit of drama from players but we generally hope Bills players don't have too many run-in's with the law (Lynch), poor work ethic (apparently Gaither), or hate the idea of being on the Bills (McGahee), or never stop complaining (Peters). What do we know about these guys beyond the stats on the field?

#3. While we all have pipe dreams that McNeil and Jackson both want to play for the Bills, what team can you see either player with since it seems that their Charger days are done?

As for me, I see the Cowboys pushing for McNeil. I could see a team like Atlanta going after Jackson to pair with Roddy White to form a 1-2 punch with Tony Gonzalez.

I know..I know. Some people have weighed in on McNeil being unhappy with his contract and that the Bills should get him. That's a different post altogether. I do have three general questions that I would like some feedback on.

#1 Other than the fact that McNeil is a LT and Vincent Jackson (WR) (obvious offensive needs for Buffalo), how well would their playing styles fit into what you believe Gailey and the front office is trying to do now and in the near future? In other words, does either player seem like a good fit beyond the position that they play?

#2. While it is obvious that both McNeil and Jackson want to be paid more money/longer contract, what do we know about their character/work ethic with the Chargers organization? I think most on the board are in agreeance that we don't mind a little bit of drama from players but we generally hope Bills players don't have too many run-in's with the law (Lynch), poor work ethic (apparently Gaither), or hate the idea of being on the Bills (McGahee), or never stop complaining (Peters). What do we know about these guys beyond the stats on the field?

#3. While we all have pipe dreams that McNeil and Jackson both want to play for the Bills, what team can you see either player with since it seems that their Charger days are done?

As for me, I see the Cowboys pushing for McNeil. I could see a team like Atlanta going after Jackson to pair with Roddy White to form a 1-2 punch with Tony Gonzalez.

neither has signed their respective tender and thus CANNOT be traded.

both have been viewed as good work ethic/character guys until now

mcneill has a history with neck injuries

most importantly THEY CAN'T BE TRADED AT THIS TIME.

Why do you believe that Gaither has a poor work ethic? I wonder if sports writers and fans in general account for the fact that professional football players probably make up less than one percent of the total population of the country. Even athletically superior players have to work hard to hone their talents to the execution needed to play the game. If he had a poor work ethic he wouldn't even be in the NFL. If he had a poor work ethic how did he manage to beat out other players and be a starter on a playoff team? He might not have the extra whatever that Harbaugh is looking for, but when I watched him play in actual games Gaither looked good to me.

McNeil and Jackson won't go anywhere this season. A.J. Smith is too much of jerk. He'll let them sit there until week 10 just to prove how tough he believes he is.

neither has signed their respective tender and thus CANNOT be traded.

both have been viewed as good work ethic/character guys until now

mcneill has a history with neck injuries

most importantly THEY CAN'T BE TRADED AT THIS TIME.

Give or take a few arrest for Jackson.

What bold moves have the Bills made that lead anyone to believe they're going to make a big trade for a disgruntled, high-priced veteran??

Buddy is not going to "git r done" (god, I'm really beginning to hate that) with McNeil, Jackson, Haynesworth or anyone else on someone's roster. This is what they're going to look like. Youts.

http://profootballfocus.com/by_position.ph...&numgames=1

http://profootballfocus.com/by_player.php?...p;playerid=2995

McNeill didn't have a particularly good year last year. He was slightly above average in pass blocking (PLUS 2.9) and well below average at run blocking (MINUS 5.6), and ever so slightly below average in penalties (5.5). (Note: his total figures vary from those on the tackle rankings, because the figures on his personal page include the one playoff game.)

From what I can tell, the Bills want a guy who is good at pass blocking and excellent at run blocking. I don't think McNeill fits that. But that's just a guess at what we are looking for, really.

McNeill hasn't played as well the past two years as he did at first, and that's a bit of a worry.

Why do you believe that Gaither has a poor work ethic? I wonder if sports writers and fans in general account for the fact that professional football players probably make up less than one percent of the total population of the country.

Less than one percent?

Wow thats one hell of a /mathfail.

The country has 300 million people, ish. 1% of that is three million people.

There are 32 NFL teams, and each team has a 53 man roster. Meaning there are 1696 players on an active NFL roster. Add a few for IR and practice squads and guys who were close but didnt make the roster, and you dont come anywhere NEAR 1%.