( OT ) The skynet takeover begins

Talonz

they are also developing a radio frequency passport that will allow persons to be identified from a distance.

Boeing has been developing unmanned robotic aircraft for military purposes for the last 5 or so years.

When a group of government officials has all these weapons at their disposal, and no need for any human intervention besides those who are willing to watch the display screens we as a race are in deep trouble. Too much power in the hands of too few.

I have to admit I am horrified with the direction of our society in what appears to be our future.

Here is a small portion of the article -

The thing is not shooting on its own. You've got to have these," he said, waving a set of small, silvery keys, which fit into a lock on the Talon's briefcase-sized controller. A single switch causes the robot to reboot and return to safe mode.

GlobalSecurity.org's Pike isn't worried about the Talon going haywire. He's concerned about what the armed UGV represents for the future.

"This opens up great vistas, some quite pleasant, others quite nightmarish. On the one hand, this could make our flesh-and-blood soldiers so hard to get to that traditional war -- a match of relatively evenly matched peers -- could become a thing of the past," he said. "But this might also rob us of our humanity. We could be the ones that wind up looking like Terminators, in the world's eyes."

It is inevitable Mr. Anderson...

142190[/snapback]

I'd like to share a revelation that I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species. I've realized that you are not actually mammals.

Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment. But you humans do not. You move to an area and you multiply and multiply until every natural resource is consumed and the only way you can survive is to spread to another area.

There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is?

A virus.

Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You are a plague. And we are... the cure.

they are also developing a radio frequency passport that will allow persons to be identified from a distance.

Boeing has been developing unmanned robotic aircraft for military purposes for the last 5 or so years.

When a group of government officials has all these weapons at their disposal, and no need for any human intervention besides those who are willing to watch the display screens we as a race are in deep trouble. Too much power in the hands of too few.

I have to admit I am horrified with the direction of our society in what appears to be our future.

142157[/snapback]

Why? Would you rather send men into combat or machines?

I'd rather send machines to fight our enemy's men. Let them bleed. We can always build more machines.