Is Pat Williams and Jonas jennings likely gone

Rudyc80

i really think we could replace jennings but we need to keep our defense together and williams has played well...we gotta keep him but i think the vikings will make a serious push for him having cotrell and winfield there! :P

I gotta agree Rudy currently has a top 5 caliber avatar! :P

142015[/snapback]

No DOUBT

I think that TD keeps the cheaper of the 2, but I don't know who will be cheaper. Pat is worth more in my book. If jennings is gone we have a huge hole to fill, but if Pat is gone we might have capable DTs to start. Marcus Price can't start at this level. Mike Williams might get moved to the left side or guard. Even if we keep Jennings, I still think that we have at least 2 new starters on the line next season- including positional shuffling.

i really think we could replace jennings but we need to keep our defense together and williams has played well...we gotta keep him but i think the vikings will make a serious push for him having cotrell and winfield there! :P

141989[/snapback]

Re-sign, not resign.

In that "if you like teeny tiny one dimensional chicks" kind of way.

142019[/snapback]

those are the best kind.

all i want in life is to watch my bills on sunday, and have my 110 pound girlfriend bring be beer while NOT SAYING A WORD!!!

wouldn't you know it -- the line finally starts playing well after mutiple seasons of ineptitude, and the fans want to shake it up.......

i would just as soon return the same starting 5, including jonas, and get some stability in here for a change........unfortunately, jonas has the leverage now and it's up to him whether he wants to come back or not.......i, for one, don't think LT's are easy to find, and that people are underestimating his importance.......

I think williams will be back because he would be fairly cheap. I'd have to say Jennings is gone because he would ask for too much. I won't be too upset sue to his frequent injuries and mediocrity at tackle.

142012[/snapback]

Mediocrity at tackle??? Where do you guys come up with this stuff? His only bad game this year was his first game against the Jets, a game where he admittedly wasn't 100% healthy while going up against John Abraham.

Mediocrity at tackle??? Where do you guys come up with this stuff? His only bad game this year was his first game against the Jets, a game where he admittedly wasn't 100% healthy while going up against John Abraham.

142692[/snapback]

hes always injured. has he gone even 3 games strait without getting injured and missing the next game??

hell, except for that 1 sack given up vs. the rams, his replacement has done jsut fine IMO. (in pass blocking anyways. run blocking is to hard to see without rewind or pause).

I think williams will be back because he would be fairly cheap. I'd have to say Jennings is gone because he would ask for too much. I won't be too upset sue to his frequent injuries and mediocrity at tackle.

142012[/snapback]

Williams is not going to come cheap.....There is always a demand for

good DL......Williams could bolt especially if there is a team that is close

to winning the SB..

No DOUBT

I think that TD keeps the cheaper of the 2, but I don't know who will be cheaper.  Pat is worth more in my book.  If jennings is gone we have a huge hole to fill, but if Pat is gone we might have capable DTs to start.  Marcus Price can't start at this level.  Mike Williams might get moved to the left side or guard.  Even if we keep Jennings, I still think that we have at least 2 new starters on the line next season- including positional shuffling.

142024[/snapback]

Remeber Jennings himself was a 3rd round pick and did pretty good in his rookie year on the right side....I can see us going to the draft to get our LT if Jennings leaves...I still don't know if Edwards or Banan are 3 down linemen yet.

hes always injured. has he gone even 3 games strait without getting injured and missing the next game??

hell, except for that 1 sack given up vs. the rams, his replacement has done jsut fine IMO. (in pass blocking anyways. run blocking is to hard to see without rewind or pause).

142698[/snapback]

I never said injuries weren't a problem with Jennings. What I was saying was that, when healthy and in the game, Jennings is well above "mediocrity."

Price is a solid backup. And if Jonas wants too much money in the offseason, fine. Let him walk. But if TD's Plan B for 2005 is Marcus Price starting for an entire 16 game season at LT...well then we just took one giant step backward.

are those are only two "big named" players on free agency next year?...if buffalo was to use a franchise tag wich one do you think it would go on?...Im all for bringing in new o-lineman for depth but unsure if the bills should move the line arround for next season...we'd have to bring in some mighty talent to be able to rest easy on the o-line changes...I for one will be happy to see price let go at the end of the season

Agree 100% Kelso's Helmet, starting Price for 16 games especially ay LT is asking for trouble. He is a good fill in from time to time, NOTHING MORE. People gotta get that through their heads. Now if that means paying Jennings too much or using our first pick(wherever the hell it is), something will need to be done if Jennings leaves.