Icing - a new drinking "game"

Just Jack

I trust you are both joking.

If someone approached me with this Zima substitute and expected me to drink it, or worse have one somewhere on my person, I would smack the bottle out their hand.

"Bra, you have to drink it. You got ICED!"

No, you freakin moron, I don't have to drink it.

Game over!

Well... Then you will be shunned and excommunicated from the group! You don't want that to happen Deano! You want friends, don't you?

:thumbsup::cry:

God, this is so !@#$ing stupid it is beyond belief what a nitwit culture we have going in our country (or wherever)... !@#$ing retards. This is supposed to embarrass the other person? What planet are people from? :flirt:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow -- im no participant but a lot of anger for a game that none of you guys are playing anyway. it doesnt seem thaaaaat much more intellectual or mature to say "if i get my ping pong ball in your cup your going to chug that natty light" in the grand scheme of things.

whatever - to each their own.

i will admit, some of the more elaborate ones on the site did make me laugh.

wow -- im no participant but a lot of anger for a game that none of you guys are playing anyway. it doesnt seem thaaaaat much more intellectual or mature to say "if i get my ping pong ball in your cup your going to chug that natty light" in the grand scheme of things.

whatever - to each their own.

i will admit, some of the more elaborate ones on the site did make me laugh.

I think (at least me), anger is pointed towards the strange social fad of embarrassing people that seems to gaiin more and more traction as the years pass. What is up with that?... Kinda like a hazing mentality. I am sorry, I never bought into that... It is twisted comaraderie. There is something underhanded to it all.

Now on the other hand... Say beer ping pong, is based on somebody's skill. No?

I think (at least me), anger is pointed towards the strange social fad of embarrassing people that seems to gaiin more and more traction as the years pass. What is up with that?... Kinda like a hazing mentality. I am sorry, I never bought into that... It is twisted comaraderie. There is something underhanded to it all.

some of the better pics of "brah's getting iced" required a certain degree of thought and stealth. the one in the watermelon comes to mind.

While I'm no beer pong fan, it is a totally different thing, IMO. First of all, I assume it developed organically, not the "brain child" of a marketing exec. And, as far as I know, you choose to play beer pong, someone doesn't "pong" you. Finally, I have never seen beer pong require drinking a particular branded beverage. You can pretty much use any beer to play.

Beer pong is a stupid frat drinking game. Icing is just gay.

while"icing" is indeed stupid, some of you guys sound like a real drag to hang out with, Beerpong gay? really, whats gay about an innocent drinkin game that helps pass the time and facilitate the ultimate goal of getting drunk?

IDK, but i know when i'm at a party around a bunch of people I barely know beerpong is a good time.

esp in comparison to anything resembling deep conversation, politicals, religion, etc, hell many times even sports is a no-no topic around unfamiliar drunks.

while"icing" is indeed stupid, some of you guys sound like a real drag to hang out with, Beerpong gay? really, whats gay about an innocent drinkin game that helps pass the time and facilitate the ultimate goal of getting drunk?

IDK, but i know when i'm at a party around a bunch of people I barely know beerpong is a good time.

esp in comparison to anything resembling deep conversation, politicals, religion, etc, hell many times even sports is a no-no topic around unfamiliar drunks.

I'm with you. I actually like playing beer-pong. It's semi-competitive and does not include resorting to some barbaric tactic or "brah" calling.

Now if some schmuck decided it would be cool to slip some fruity juice into those cups, I'd slap the ghey out of his mouth, but that's just me.... :flirt:

its a dumb game, but i admit i call people "brah" all the time... its become a habit

At least you know where you can improve. Making fun of you would sort of violate the spirit of your public admission.

I dont know about you guys, I never need an excuse to drink, other than beer being delicious.

I'm with you. I actually like playing beer-pong. It's semi-competitive and does not include resorting to some barbaric tactic or "brah" calling.

Now if some schmuck decided it would be cool to slip some fruity juice into those cups, I'd slap the ghey out of his mouth, but that's just me.... :flirt:

jagerbomb pong, or other shot-pong is even better although you cant play as many rounds as traditional beerpong.

although if we are being honest, id rather play cornhole, or baggo as its called in some places, or horseshoes, or darts, but those arent always available.

While I'm no beer pong fan, it is a totally different thing, IMO. First of all, I assume it developed organically, not the "brain child" of a marketing exec. And, as far as I know, you choose to play beer pong, someone doesn't "pong" you. Finally, I have never seen beer pong require drinking a particular branded beverage. You can pretty much use any beer to play.

Beer pong is a stupid frat drinking game. Icing is just gay.

:flirt: Exactly!

At least you know where you can improve. Making fun of you would sort of violate the spirit of your public admission.

I dont know about you guys, I never need an excuse to drink, other than beer being delicious.

its more about creating activity, some ppl need stuff like that. esp in large groups, when you got 15-200 ppl or more beerpong is a good activity. when its 3-10, maybe not so much

Nobody said beerpong is gay... Just a stupid frat drinking game... :flirt: No but really, I can respect games like beerpong where it is based on somebody's skill, not what brand they drink.

Nobody said beerpong is gay... Just a stupid frat drinking game... :flirt: No but really, I can respect games like beerpong where it is based on somebody's skill, not what brand they drink.

i guess the question is, if games like beerpong are stupid, what do the detractors propose ppl do at parties to pass the time?

thats all it is, a time passer, you incorporate something that most ppl like, a fun and easy game, and what they are there to do, drink, and boom, you have beerpong.

so I now pose the question, if drinkin games like beerpong are no-go's at your party, what do ppl do for entertainment?

i guess the question is, if games like beerpong are stupid, what do the detractors propose ppl do at parties to pass the time?

Conversation. Drugs. Sex. Food. (Not necessarily in that order, of course.)

I have played plenty of drinking games in my life, mostly when I was much younger. Next month I will probably shoot a can (or several) of beer on a Canadian beach. And there is no question I will have a drink in my hands from morning until early morning the next day. Cocktail Muckers will be played. So I am not against drinking, by any means.

Most drinking games are stupid. Of course they are. But that's OK, I don't really have a problem with a little stupid, from time to time and in the right context. But most of these stupid drinking games evolved out of something. I imagine beer pong came from guys drinking and playing ping pong. One thing led to another and a new drinking game was invented. We (my group of friends) invented our own drinking/smoking games from time to time.

The problem with Icing isn't simply that it is stupid. It is beyond ridiculous. It is forced. It is manufactured and it is branded. It is totally gay. (Get on your knees and drink this whitish liquid because I said so. Real interesting game.)

And let me make one final point while I am up here on the soapbox. When I hear of people who are into serious bondage, bizarre role-playing (I'm a goat and you are the Prime Minister of Great Britain..") I think they really must never have had really good sex if they need to go to all that work to enjoy it. I wonder about people who HAVE to engage in these drinking games every time they party to enjoy themselves or as you say "to pass the time". (I don't mean this personally as I don't know you, it's just a general statement.) Maybe it's time to develop some conversational skills and/or personality or find some more interesting friends to party with.

Just IMO, of course.

I have played plenty of drinking games in my life, mostly when I was much younger. Next month I will probably shoot a can (or several) of beer on a Canadian beach. And there is no question I will have a drink in my hands from morning until early morning the next day. Cocktail Muckers will be played. So I am not against drinking, by any means.

Most drinking games are stupid. Of course they are. But that's OK, I don't really have a problem with a little stupid, from time to time and in the right context. But most of these stupid drinking games evolved out of something. I imagine beer pong came from guys drinking and playing ping pong. One thing led to another and a new drinking game was invented. We (my group of friends) invented our own drinking/smoking games from time to time.

The problem with Icing isn't simply that it is stupid. It is beyond ridiculous. It is forced. It is manufactured and it is branded. It is totally gay. (Get on your knees and drink this whitish liquid because I said so. Real interesting game.)

And let me make one final point while I am up here on the soapbox. When I hear of people who are into serious bondage, bizarre role-playing (I'm a goat and you are the Prime Minister of Great Britain..") I think they really must never have had really good sex if they need to go to all that work to enjoy it. I wonder about people who HAVE to engage in these drinking games every time they party to enjoy themselves or as you say "to pass the time". (I don't mean this personally as I don't know you, it's just a general statement.) Maybe it's time to develop some conversational skills and/or personality or find some more interesting friends to party with.

Just IMO, of course.

What he say above... I am old too. Well, not as old as you Dean! :thumbsup:

Even when I was young... We really didn't do drinking games... Just shot (guns) things up or broke ****... Really me... Probably why I got it out of my system... :flirt:

Absolutely, Dean. If you cant find something to do at a party, or you are at a party of people too timid to get a good buzz on, then you might want to find some people who can get down and stay down. I dont need an excuse to party, I just go talk to people, light things on fire, whatever.

Whatever, you know? If people need a silly game to socialize, then thats ok for them I guess.

What bothers me about icing is that it is willful stupidity without any redeeming value. There is no punch line. It reeks of conformity and mass culture.

There may be a misunderstanding here;

First, I've played beer pong maybe 10 times my whole life. When we play, it isn't to assist us in drinking, that's just not necessary. It's a game to us. We also play cards, horseshoes, H.O.R.S.E. pool-side, etc.

I get the notion that beer-pong being a must at a party to ensure fun is ridiculous, but some of us play to just play. My friends (which are mostly my 3 brothers and 2 cousins) are extremely competitive and we have the most fun when competing against each other, no matter what it is.

Oh, we also occasionally speak to each other as well, so conversation is present.

Just thought I'd clear that up. Carry on! :flirt:

Just IMO, of course.

no problem with the first bolded part, in fact I totally agree. but the pics on the site are pretty funny, some of those guys got real creative with it.

as for the second part, well, what can I say, some people arent as social as others, myself, I have no problem striking up conversation with total strangers, however, not everybody is like me, and thats a good thing. When I hosted a party in the past i tried to have things that were fun and appealed to the mass audience, beerpong was usually a big hit. Never been a big fan of drunks with guns, or breaking stuff for no good reason. Again, I have no preference in reference to beerpong, I usually play a game or two then let the chicks get in on it, its more for them anyway. I guess I dont find it as offense as some of you, but I think we are all in agreement that actually playing the "ICED" game is really stupid.

Oh and about the other party activities you listed, drugs are out of the question, sorry. not my thing, conversation is tricky around strangers, drunks are volatile, esp the ones you dont know, so I try to keep it light and innocuous, nothing thought provoking, which as Im sure you can tell gets old, fast. As for sex, well, thats always a nice bonus, but I dont think that would go over well as an expected activity.

among close friends, the conversation is better, but i still try to avoid politics and religion, its a standard bar rule, and I have a diverse group of friends so I prefer to avoid that.

As i stated previously, my first choice is cornhole or darts, horseshoes.