Bills @ Dolphins

Brand J

Unfortunately one of the only true Bills playoff games I vividly remember. I was 11 at the time.

The Bledsoe years really all just blend together for me. The only game I can think of off the top of my head from that era was the blowout loss 35-5 Kansas City Sunday night game circa 2003, i think.

Bills @ Dolphins '98-'99 AFC Wildcard Playoff Game

- Sooo many mistakes made this game (5 turnovers - 4 fumbles, 1 int).

- Flutie was exciting to watch, but made many mistakes, including a rookie mistake on that last drive.

- Eric Moulds finished with 9 catches for 240 yds.

- Our OL was pathetic, but Flutie was able to mask their many deficiencies the entire season.

- Not one of Andre Reed's best games.

- I miss the excitement of playoff football... :)

I have always been perplexed by the free pass Flutie got for that performance. He lost and turned the ball over 5 times against a decent Dolphins defense in a relatively easy place to play.........yet he was going to win the playoff game in Tennessee, against a better team, with a better D and a tougher venue? He singlehandedly cost the Bills that game in Miami. The only time we have ever lost to Miami in the playoffs.

I have always been perplexed by the free pass Flutie got for that performance. He lost and turned the ball over 5 times against a decent Dolphins defense in a relatively easy place to play.........yet he was going to win the playoff game in Tennessee, against a better team, with a better D and a tougher venue? He singlehandedly cost the Bills that game in Miami. The only time we have ever lost to Miami in the playoffs.

I can see why everyone wants to place the blame at the feet of Flutie and rightfully so, but I wouldn't say that he singlehandedly cost us the game. It was b/c of Flutie that we could even move the ball and score in the first place! You can put many QBs in that game since Flutie - Bledsoe, Johnson, Edwards, etc. - and none of them would have had us in a position to win the game. Our OL was atrocious, but since Flutie was so mobile and a relatively quick decision maker (most of the time), we almost won the game on the Dolphins home turf. Even the announcer said, "without Flutie, the Bills are an above average team. With Flutie, they're dangerous." He was our second best offensive weapon on the team. The glaring mistakes that he made that day, prevented us from winning a game that he otherwise put in a position to win (confusing I know). One could argue that Andre Reed was really the individual who cost us the game...

Please stop with blaming Flutie on the fumble already. It's been discussed over and over already. Trace Armstrong buried his helmet into Flutie's armpit while Flutie's arm was in throwing motion...sorry, but how is that a rookie mistake?

But Flutie JUST WINS!*

*Except for even one NFL playoff game.

I have news for you: NO ONE, and I mean NO ONE, carries a loaf of bread like a football player carries a football when he's carrying it like a loaf of bread.

Sometimes in the supermarket I will say, "Stop carrying that loaf of bread like a football!" I usually the only one who gets the joke, though.

On Andre's first fumble, I had thought his knee was down. The replay showed it. I remember I almost hit my TV on that one.

The play was a touchdown, but Dre lost his cool and pushed the ref. If he had walked away we had the ball on the one. maybe closer.

WE blew the game, I think we let one slip away.

I agree 100 percent.

Is this the game with the opening play bomb to Moulds which was completed and then fumbled?

Edit: Put two hands on the ball and quit carrying it like a loaf of bread!

I kinda felt that the problem was about 1/4 poor ball handling and 3/4 trying to run with his head spinning around like Linda Blair in The Exorcist. <_<

On Andre's first fumble, I had thought his knee was down. The replay showed it. I remember I almost hit my TV on that one.

The play was a touchdown, but Dre lost his cool and pushed the ref. If he had walked away we had the ball on the one. maybe closer.

WE blew the game, I think we let one slip away.

He didn't push the ref- while he was down, the ref invaded his personal space