chargers first rounders

ch19079

ok, they currently have their first rounder (going to be a low first rounder).

and the giants first rounder (lookin like a 5-10 overall pick).

now they might trade rivers to the fins (LOL) for their #2 overall pick.

so they would have 3 first rounders 2 of which being in the top 10 picks, and a probowl QB, and a Pro-Bowl TE, and still have the best RB in the NFL. and make the playoffs after having the 1st overall pick last year. now thats what i call a freakin turn around.

so they would have 3 first rounders 2 of which being in the top 10 picks, and a probowl QB, and a Pro-Bowl TE, and still have the best RB in the NFL. and make the playoffs after having the 1st overall pick last year.  now thats what i call a freakin turn around.

141528[/snapback]

I'm not sure they'd have the cap situation do pull that off. His signing bonus was something like $16 million. That's a hell of a hit, especially considering they'd have 2 picks in the Top 10 and another later PLUS having to sign Brees.

Jerry Butler died?  He was one of my favorite receivers ever.  Bummer.

141595[/snapback]

But I thought the late John Butler and the current AJ Smith stunk? You mean these guys know some football. Amazing how a winning record makes everything OK.

141580[/snapback]

Damn, when did Jerry die?  He was such a clutch WR too.

141586[/snapback]

Shocking, isn't it?

so they would have 3 first rounders 2 of which being in the top 10 picks, and a probowl QB, and a Pro-Bowl TE, and still have the best RB in the NFL. and make the playoffs after having the 1st overall pick last year.  now thats what i call a freakin turn around.

141528[/snapback]

AJ Smith knows what he's doing. However, I think he was rather fortunate with Drew Brees this season.