Is there a way to remove lettering

major

For those of you that have purchased replica jerseys, is there an effective way to remove the lettering from the back of a jersey? If it was authentic, it would be much easier to remove the lettering. Any of you done this with a replica jersey? I have a Willis McGahee 21 replica that I would like to change to SPILLER. Any thoughts?

For those of you that have purchased replica jerseys, is there an effective way to remove the lettering from the back of a jersey? If it was authentic, it would be much easier to remove the lettering. Any of you done this with a replica jersey? I have a Willis McGahee 21 replica that I would like to change to SPILLER. Any thoughts?

http://www.bernzomatic.com/PRODUCTS/TORCHE.../3/Default.aspx

Just buy a name plate the same color, I was able to change my Hardy jersey into a Owens, by taking it to a screen print shop and having them sew on the name plate ans screen print the letters on there. Didn't look bad at all, letter were just a little bigger then normal, but I only paid $15 total

Removing heat transfer numbers on a replica jersey is not going to work, and you will ruin the jersey in the process.

Just buy a name plate the same color, I was able to change my Hardy jersey into a Owens, by taking it to a screen print shop and having them sew on the name plate ans screen print the letters on there. Didn't look bad at all, letter were just a little bigger then normal, but I only paid $15 total

+1 the nameplate is the best way to go. Any shop that does jerseys for local sports teams can do it.

How much to reverse the process?

I recommend duct tape.

That's not a very good answer.

The very best way to remove the lettering is to lay the jersey letters up across your ironing board. Turn your iron on to the nuclear setting and lay it across the lettering. It will disappear in no time.

That's not a very good answer.

The very best way to remove the lettering is to lay the jersey letters up across your ironing board. Turn your iron on to the nuclear setting and lay it across the lettering. It will disappear in no time.

The ensuing house fire notwithstanding... :thumbdown:

Yea i got a Simpson jersey..... so I understand.

I tried to take the simpson off myself, sewn on letters, I got the letters but some string remain inside the jersey. I was thinking about putting BILLS on the back to try and save it.

Apparently your not familar with the Duct Tape and Sharpie method...... You see a lot of that at the ralph on sundays..

Bledsoe= Parrish

Spike = Poz

I tried to take the simpson off myself, sewn on letters, I got the letters but some string remain inside the jersey. I was thinking about putting BILLS on the back to try and save it.

Ko Simpson or O.J. Simpson?

At this point, the only Simpson jersey a Bills fan could wear with pride is that of former safety, Bill Simpson.

damn, if is a Ko Simpson one, it might be WORTH MILLIONS! :thumbdown: