A draw play for big yardage??!

I've never heard of such a thing! Well at least I haven't seen one from my beloved Bills, for what feels like an eternity.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-3...77-ad245d201556

The offense, however, had answers with the draw play catching the defense over committing to the pass rush a couple of times.

With the defense pinning their ears back and coming up field hard, Fitzpatrick ran a draw play to C.J. Spiller who darted through a cavernous hole for what would’ve been big yardage.

Six plays later rookie back Joique Bell also had success in making a big gain on a draw play with the defense focused on getting to the quarterback.

I would like an extra helping of this please.

I've never heard of such a thing! Well at least I haven't seen one from my beloved Bills, for what feels like an eternity.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-3...77-ad245d201556

I would like an extra helping of this please.

what's next? Screens? Slants? Mixing up the playcalling? Using our players strengths instead of running a 4 play offense? Blocking???????? It should be a nice change to feel like we can actually score any time we get the ball.

what's next? Screens? Slants? Mixing up the playcalling? Using our players strengths instead of running a 4 play offense? Blocking???????? It should be a nice change to feel like we can actually score any time we get the ball.

Blocking? OK... now you've gone to far. I can accept that the RB/QB makes a mistake so the casual observer "thinks" it was a designed draw play. (Of course, we all know that the league banned draw plays a decade ok.) But, there no way these guys actually start blocking. Now you're just pushing the bounds of reality.

Yea, and more of the same to see our defense get gashed up the middle by a huge running play....

OK I am confused. The Bills are KINGS - KINGS - of the 3rd down draw play. KKIINNGGSS.

When I heard that in the video I yelled F*UCK, here we go again with more F*CKING draws!!!!

once more - KKKIIINNNGGGSSS of the draw play.

every time they had 2 backs (sometimes is was a RB and a TE) it was a draw play.

why are you excited about more draw plays?

OK I am confused. The Bills are KINGS - KINGS - of the 3rd down draw play. KKIINNGGSS.

When I heard that in the video I yelled F*UCK, here we go again with more F*CKING draws!!!!

every time they had 2 backs (sometimes is was a RB and a TE) it was a draw play.

The difference here is apparently it would have worked.

Totally agree- plus the success of the draw play is dependent on generating respect with the passing game something the Bills haven't been able to do lately.

Totally agree- plus the success of the draw play is dependent on generating respect with the passing game something the Bills haven't been able to do lately.

I love Fred Jackson, but the third and long draw play seems to pad his stats a lot. It's 3rd and 18 and he gets 13 back on a run and we punt. I agree we are the KINGS KINGS of the third and long draw. But I think we are actually the kings of the obvious third down draw, when everyone knows you will run it because you cannot get 15+ yards on a pass play. We hardly ever do a surprising draw. And we are the KINGS KINGS KINGS of third and LONG LONG LONG, like 12-25 yards instead of 3rd and 8=9.

I love Fred Jackson, but the third and long draw play seems to pad his stats a lot. It's 3rd and 18 and he gets 13 back on a run and we punt. I agree we are the KINGS KINGS of the third and long draw. But I think we are actually the kings of the obvious third down draw, when everyone knows you will run it because you cannot get 15+ yards on a pass play. We hardly ever do a surprising draw. And we are the KINGS KINGS KINGS of third and LONG LONG LONG, like 12-25 yards instead of 3rd and 8=9.

I never even considered them draw plays. Technically they might be draws but I always felt they were more like a slightly delayed hand-off. No surprise, no significant delay, no real selling of a pass play.

They were failure of design as well as execution.

I guess I should have said that I miss a _successful_ draw play.