Mort Chat

Rico

Chuck (Pitttown, NJ): Hey Mort, What are Buffalo's chances of running the table. How badly does Travis Henry's injury hurt his trade value?

Chris Mortensen: (11:31 AM ET ) It's difficult to run the table, but I wouldn't rule it out. henry has a high ankle sprain. His value wont be hurt...hold one a few minutes, everyone, I have a phone call.

Bob (Olean, NY): Hey Chris, If Buffalo runs the table, or close to it, does Drew Bledsoe retain his job, or do we go with JP Losman?

Chris Mortensen: (11:37 AM ET ) I think you have to stick with Bledsoe if you run the table...and you just keep getting Losman ready.

missed this one...

Steve (TX): After watching the last two weeks, you can't help but wonder where the Cowboys would be with a healthy Julius Jones all season. That draft day trade with the Bills looks pretty good now (and would look better if the Bills weren't playing so well...).

Chris Mortensen: (11:18 AM ET ) I think that draft-day trade looks solid for both teams - the Cowboys may have found their next Emmitt Smith (maybe a little exaggeration) and the Bills have a heir apparent at quarterback in JP Losman. Yes, I think the Cowboys probably would have an inside track on a wild-card spot if they had Jones all year.

Right now it looks like the Cowpokes will be getting an upper teens/low 20's pick from us...I can live with that.

141117[/snapback]

Absolutely. Especially since they gave us the 23rd pick this year. As a one-for-one, it's just about a wash. When you consider that there won't be any quarterbacks close to Losman's caliber available at that point in next year's draft, it justifies the extra pick we threw in. You know, now that the Cowboys cut Quincy Carter and the jury is still out on Drew Henson, I wonder if Parcells wouldn't rather have the Losman pick back. :lol:

Absolutely.  Especially since they gave us the 23rd pick this year.  As a one-for-one, it's just about a wash.  When you consider that there won't be any quarterbacks close to Losman's caliber available at that point in next year's draft, it justifies the extra pick we threw in.  You know, now that the Cowboys cut Quincy Carter and the jury is still out on Drew Henson, I wonder if Parcells wouldn't rather have the Losman pick back.  :lol:

141140[/snapback]

Or could Dallas pick up River's contract from SD and give them the pick?