Bills Championship in 2011, but with replacements...

Me and a friend of mine have been debating if whether a championship for the Buffalo Bills in a season played with all replacement players would truly count or not and I am curious to what the general consensus is.

He is of the mind the a Lombardi in Buffalo's possession would be awesome regardless.

I however think that to be world champions they would have to actually compete against the best in the world, and if Peyton Manning and the rest of the current perennial pro-bowlers are sitting out then that really wouldn't be the case.

Obviously this is a purely hypothetical situation so don't bother debating how likely or unlikely it happening is.

Very interesting question!! I guess I would come down somewhere in the middle with it being bittersweet. Yes it still "counts" but it will always have the asterisk attached to it whether officially or not.

Winning would be better than not winning, but nowhere near what it would be like to win it all in a real season.

Winning would do the following:

• The Bills would no longer be mentioned in brief commentarites on losing streaks. They might be mentioned, but with the lockout season caveat.
  • I'm convinced Ralph would want to win, and winning may be an indication Ralph did not get in the way of that happening, as many have suggested he does. It would also indicate the rest of the staff can coach a winner given the right players.
  • Winning would generate more interest and money for the Bills and Buffalo.

Me and a friend of mine have been debating if whether a championship for the Buffalo Bills in a season played with all replacement players would truly count or not and I am curious to what the general consensus is.

He is of the mind the a Lombardi in Buffalo's possession would be awesome regardless.

I however think that to be world champions they would have to actually compete against the best in the world, and if Peyton Manning and the rest of the current perennial pro-bowlers are sitting out then that really wouldn't be the case.

Obviously this is a purely hypothetical situation so don't bother debating how likely or unlikely it happening is.

Uh if they hold a superbowl and we win it I am more than willing to live with the (*) beside it. Besides doesn't NE have 3 (*) beside theirs under normal circumstances? :thumbsup: