Kevin Mawae

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8-time probowler at a "technical" position....and last i checked, we have a punching bag LT..

I think he's worth signing.

If we don't sign him he has a great year for another team. If he comes here he's a bust, luck of the Bills.

I think Nix and Co. believe we are set at Center with Hangartner and the young guys brought in. As for Mawae, I wouldn't mind him coming in, but he's 40 and nothing more than a stop gap for a season or two. From the looks of things, Nix has no interest in patchworking a line, but building from scratch.

8-time probowler, proven guy at a position we desperately need. Does this make sense to anyone else?

On top of the reasons expressed by others, I disagree that center is a "position we desperately need."

The team is rebuilding, a 39-year-old center doesn't fit the roster. Hangartner and/or Wood will man the position and grow with the team.

If we're going to consider a free agent offensive lineman, it has to be a left offensive tackle. Now THAT is a position we desperately need, IMO.

I think Nix and Co. believe we are set at Center with Hangartner and the young guys brought in. As for Mawae, I wouldn't mind him coming in, but he's 40 and nothing more than a stop gap for a season or two. From the looks of things, Nix has no interest in patchworking a line, but building from scratch.

Stop gap is the operative word. I am sick of opposing NTs being in our backfield to take the hand-off. Let him stop that for a year or two.

Stop gap is the operative word. I am sick of opposing NTs being in our backfield to take the hand-off. Let him stop that for a year or two.

And then when he retires we either hire another stop gap or go back to the drawing board and develop a center. That my friend is the cycle of mediocrity that Nix is trying to stop.

And then when he retires we either hire another stop gap or go back to the drawing board and develop a center. That my friend is the cycle of mediocrity that Nix is trying to stop.

But if he is an upgrade, even for a year or two, do you not take him and draft a suitable replacement? That my friend, is called upgrading your roster.

But if he is an upgrade, even for a year or two, do you not take him and draft a suitable replacement? That my friend, is called upgrading your roster.

If he was the key to the playoffs or Super Bowl then yes you take him. I don't see Center as being the final piece to the puzzle to get this team over .500. Personally, I think Hangartner did a good job with two rookie guards next to him and both we adjusting to new positions from college.

Looking at this list, Mawae doesn't seem to offer any major upgrade over Hangartner. http://profootballfocus.com/by_position.ph...&numgames=1

Is Mawae a Pro Bowler? yeah, but so were Jason Peters and Travis Henry

If he was the key to the playoffs or Super Bowl then yes you take him. I don't see Center as being the final piece to the puzzle to get this team over .500. Personally, I think Hangartner did a good job with two rookie guards next to him and both we adjusting to new positions from college.

Looking at this list, Mawae doesn't seem to offer any major upgrade over Hangartner. http://profootballfocus.com/by_position.ph...&numgames=1

Is Mawae a Pro Bowler? yeah, but so were Jason Peters and Travis Henry

good point. i was thinking a year max, but i do see what you're saying...i think im grasping for anything at this point.