Smoking Ban at the Ralph?

yall

Here's a solution for you hypochondriacs, stop breathing, its safer.

Here's a solution for you. Keep smoking as much as you can. The sooner this world is rid of all the losers, the better. :lol:

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a solution for you. Keep smoking as much as you can. The sooner this world is rid of all the losers, the better. :lol:

I don't smoke. Only occasionally when drunk, which equals 1-2 packs/year. Keep trying.

I think that some of you are overlooking the importance of smoking. I wish that most smokers would just stop half a***** it and chain smoke all day. Why stop at 1,2,3, or even 10 packs a day. It's great for the body and let's be honest here, some people are mental mushrooms without it. It takes real commitment to stand outside in 0 degree weather and chose to inhale smoke when the party is inside the bar. One question though, how come you guys crack the window when you smoke in a vehicle that has an ash tray? Many of my friends always have burns on their upholstery because the ashes fly back in the vehicle.

Actually, the party is usually outside the bar. Being a smoker is a great icebreaker outside the bar. In NYC at least, many, many hotties smoke...helps suppress the appetite you know. The heavier non-smokers are in the bar pounding 500 calories chick drinks.

As for chain smoking all day...gotta fit some work in around the smoke breaks!

Moderation is the key. How 'bout you grow some hair on your balls and live a little? Don't let those smoking ads scare the masculinity out of you, or has the "global warming" campaign already beaten you down and stole what little pride you have left?

Think for yourself. Everything in moderation. Too much celery in one sitting will kill you as well.

Actually, the party is usually outside the bar. Being a smoker is a great icebreaker outside the bar. In NYC at least, many, many hotties smoke...helps suppress the appetite you know. The heavier non-smokers are in the bar pounding 500 calories chick drinks.

As for chain smoking all day...gotta fit some work in around the smoke breaks!

It sounds like your describing one of those Greenwich Village bars. I hope your keeping an eye out for the adam's apple.

Moderation is the key. How 'bout you grow some hair on your balls and live a little? Don't let those smoking ads scare the masculinity out of you, or has the "global warming" campaign already beaten you down and stole what little pride you have left?

Think for yourself. Everything in moderation. Too much celery in one sitting will kill you as well.

Yes poison in moderation, good call.

It sounds like your describing one of those Greenwich Village bars. I hope your keeping an eye out for the adam's apple.

Oh those can be fun. And sure, they fit. But I'm also talking about the club district on 27th street, the UES, Bryant Park and many other mainstream places. Many of my non-smoker friends come outside when I go for a smoke just to chat up the hotties. And don't forget the summer rooftop bars that are frequented most by smokers. That season is just kicking off...

see, and that's the thing about being a free-thinking individual living in a free society, whether it be here in the U.S. or in my native Canada. i'm allowed to do anything that is legal.

to your point on the health system, well, given that the baby-boomers are growing old, they might be a much larger drain than anything else in years to come, and i don't think anyone's proposing a mass cull at this point yet.

and i will not be moralized to or tut-tutted. that might be the worst thing you can do to someone with the non-conformist gene.

it was the comedian dennis miller, i think, who said a long time ago that government can outlaw everything that is fun and enjoyable and somewhat unsafe, and yet people will still find a way to get their kicks, even it means spinning themselves around endless in the front yard until they become dizzy.

that is the way humans are wired.

this might rub you the wrong way, but my outlook towards living is that life will one day get you killed, and i plan to suck and drink and consume as much out of it as i can before i go, whenever that might be. and i don't plan to take the safe way out because (and this is the second time i've used this quote this week), as The Who once put it, "i hope i die before i get old." and, though Pete might not have realized this when he first penned that line, old can be a state of mind.

with respect,

jw

EXPLANATORY NOTE: by consume, i meant eating. having the occassional meal that's lathered in butter or topped with a mound of bacon, or a bag of fries from the chip wagon across the river in fort erie.

I really think you guys still miss my point. I live life to the fullest as well, but I don't intentionally do things to piss other people off. That's how I view smoking. It's really quite simple. And when you also understand that you're inhaling and exhaling carcinogens, it boggles my mind why anyone continues.

That's all I have to say on this topic (and I've said a lot). Puff away!! :lol:

Yes poison in moderation, good call.

I seriously doubt that you make every single "healthy" choice in life. You are bound to have at least one or two vices. We are all beginning to die from about the time that our bodies stop developing. It is a long, slow, slide into death and it is unavoidable. You want to live to be 100 you say? Do you think it is all sunshine and roses? Visit the rest home and then get back to me about the rewards of a squeaky clean life.

I really think you guys still miss my point. I live life to the fullest as well, but I don't intentionally do things to piss other people off. That's how I view smoking. It's really quite simple. And when you also understand that you're inhaling and exhaling carcinogens, it boggles my mind why anyone continues.

That's all I have to say on this topic (and I've said a lot). Puff away!! :lol:

People will piss you off at every turn. You don't need smokers around to accomplish that. Muffin-top fat girls piss me off because they don't know how to dress. Be glad this ain't the sixties, your whole world would be enveloped in one big cloud of smoke. Smokers are small subset now and are not the nuisance you make them out to be. Jeeeeeze rent a movie that is over a decade old to see what the world used to be like!

I seriously doubt that you make every single "healthy" choice in life. You are bound to have at least one or two vices. We are all beginning to die from about the time that our bodies stop developing. It is a long, slow, slide into death and it is unavoidable. You want to live to be 100 you say? Do you think it is all sunshine and roses? Visit the rest home and then get back to me about the rewards of a squeaky clean life.

No, I prefer to visit my 83 year old grand parents. My grandfather still skates and cross-country skis and gram is sharp as a tack and in good health. Why don't you visit a cancer clinic and help out the 50 year old people who need help getting around and moving the oxygen tank.

No, I prefer to visit my 83 year old grand parents. My grandfather still skates and cross-country skis and gram is sharp as a tack and in good health. Why don't you visit a cancer clinic and help out the 50 year old people who need help getting around and moving the oxygen tank.

Yup, my grandmother worked and drove a vehicle until she was 94. That cancer center is full of people without a smoke-related issue as well. Those who are stupid enough to smoke a pack a day or more usually end up there or in the ground pretty quickly. Just like those fat, fat, fatties who could not employ moderation either and have a chest-brusing coronary and wind up in the ground at a ripe young age.

When all is said and done however, your genetic makeup will determine your number of days on this planet as long as you are able to avoid car accidents, jealous husbands, etc. :lol: