Thanks Leonidas

Then ban the offenders.

Ban people for insulting our resident journalists? I guess. That's one way to deal with the inevitable issue of rude people on an opinion-founded forum based website. Whatever happened to people having thick skin? I'm sorry but if people ignore the trolls long enough they wont get a rise out saying stupid stuff and will then leave on their own.

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

of all things) just makes one an ignorant retard. being brilliant is something to aspire to, not to be harassed for. Keeps us, as a whole, crippled by mediocrity.

"being brilliant"? Are you being serious here? I can't tell.

He's not a brain surgeon, he's a sports blogger. That's not to offend the sports bloggers, but really, "brilliant"? I think I'm just in saying that they don't deserve the elite status. I can't believe someone tried to refute that. Even JW said he didn't want to be treated differently.

I realize you were trying to get worked up...but you really didn't make a point here. I realize that if I had a website it wouldn't be on par with ESPN. I'm not sure what that has to do with me saying that if you're a supposed upper-class member of the boards because you're a journalist, you should be able to ignore people who post things you don't like.

No its not. And I'm sure that people will cite back to this as one of the defining moments of TBD going downhill.

Personally I never clicked on the Tim Graham thread.

Or...

The defining moment where TBD became great again.

Its time to take out the trash.

I am being sarcastic. Fools that use words like "elite" as a negative are petty jealous jackholes. Also they tend not to actually know what the word elite means.

I don't know understand what you mean by "elite" then. Please explain.

Let me try for him...

I'm a giant !@#$ and I can't express my douchebaggery in my daily, "real" life because there are consequences to my actions, and I'm probably a giant kitty. So, I come to a place where I can say whatever I want anonymously and without consequence. Even though this place is provided to me for free, I enjoy anonymously hurling insults at the kind people who run this free service. I know I don't have to come here because no one is forcing me to, and I realize there are much more appropriate, civil ways to lobby complaints that will be more likely in bringing about my desired results. However, I just plain enjoy being an !@#$ to others on this board because there are no real world consequences to my actions.

You are clearly confused, I was referring to 300yrds and you are referring to Leonidas.

:P

I realize you were trying to get worked up...but you really didn't make a point here. I realize that if I had a website it wouldn't be on par with ESPN. I'm not sure what that has to do with me saying that if you're a supposed upper-class member of the boards because you're a journalist, you should be able to ignore people who post things you don't like.

Personally I never clicked on the Tim Graham thread.

The main point was, you claim he couldn't take criticism, which is just untrue.

1) He was listening to complaints of no substance that had to do with the IT guys at espn which he had no control over

2) He was listening to insults of his friends and coworkers

Tell me, where is the criticism? Calling someones' coworker a douchbag is criticism? In this culture, that is an insult, plain and simple. Tim didn't leave because he couldn't take criticism. He left because someone was insulting his coworkers and complaining about the IT guys. And for what reason? To look like a tough guy?

Ban people for insulting our resident journalists? I guess. That's one way to deal with the inevitable issue of rude people on an opinion-founded forum based website. Whatever happened to people having thick skin? I'm sorry but if people ignore the trolls long enough they wont get a rise out saying stupid stuff and will then leave on their own.

In every other city in the country it is just being civil. Bullying should no longer be accepted.

I am being sarcastic. Fools that use words like "elite" as a negative are petty jealous jackholes. Also they tend not to actually know what the word elite means.

I want to defend myself, but you really did wonders with that post. You win. Clearly there are people better than us, and that's the way this class-driven society has worked since the birth of our nation. Forgive me, my fellow jackholes, and our "foolish" ignorance.

"being brilliant"? Are you being serious here? I can't tell.

He's not a brain surgeon, he's a sports blogger. That's not to offend the sports bloggers, but really, "brilliant"? I think I'm just in saying that they don't deserve the elite status. I can't believe someone tried to refute that. Even JW said he didn't want to be treated differently.

what do you think elite means? he had a special pinned "column" because he had something none of us do: access. he was "elite" in that he had information and not opinion. Do they deserve "elite" status? yes, because they've troubled themselves to provide access. They are de facto experts in a sea of ignorant children just screaming into the wind.

what do you think elite means? he had a special pinned "column" because he had something none of us do: access. he was "elite" in that he had information and not opinion. Do they deserve "elite" status? yes, because they've troubled themselves to provide access. They are de facto experts in a sea of ignorant children just screaming into the wind.

Sorry, having your own thread pinned does not make you elite. Having the skill to perform brain surgery, makes you elite. It doesn't make them a better person.

I never understood the need to feel more important than someone else, especially on a message board.

You need to wikipedia the term "elitist" now. You have no idea what my argument was and you're treading water. Screaming into the wind? You're remarkably rude if you think there is little or no collective intelligence on these boards, and you're entirely off-base if you truly believe that being an ESPN blogger is elite, and that his comment would hold significantly more water than yours or mine.

I want to defend myself, but you really did wonders with that post. You win. Clearly there are people better than us, and that's the way this class-driven society has worked since the birth of our nation. Forgive me, my fellow jackholes, and our "foolish" ignorance.

elite means the best of a group. You work to become elite in a field. Comparing the need to respect informed opinion to the feudal concept of the ruling elite is insane and best and stupid at worst.

elite means the best of a group. You work to become elite in a field. Comparing the need to respect informed opinion to the feudal concept of the ruling elite is insane and best and stupid at worst.

This is no shot at TG, but is he the best in his field? Just askin.

Sorry, having your own thread pinned does not make you elite. Having the skill to perform brain surgery, makes you elite. It doesn't make them a better person.

I never understood the need to feel more important than someone else, especially on a message board.

Would you agree the owner of the message board would have the right to make posters conform to a certain behavior if they wanted the right to post?

maybe, but this isn't a brain surgery forum is it? In the mass of football opinion on this site elite are those who can add actual information to their fantasy football picks.

So by your logic if i am being repressed by my government, I shouldn't really try to dissent the "ruling elite" because they've dutifully earned their position in life, and I am a sheep who has no basis for interjection?