I believe in this team. I don't even get all the negativity.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand why there is so much negativity and pessimism about this team. We had a bad year last year. We had 20 guys on IR, including a bunch of quality starters (db's, lb's, most of the OL, qb, etc) and a first round pick who was playing out of position.

We had a coach who in perhaps the worst move in the history of the team, decided to go with a no-huddle offense that accomplished absolutely nothing. He fired the OC a week before the season and cut the LT. His strength and conditioning coach was a disaster.

That regime is gone.

I believe that Trent Edwards can be coached back into the player we once trusted...the guy who was 4-0 two years ago, and the guy who had New England on the ropes in the opener last year. That guy is in dire need of a coach with a plan, and now he has one.

We drafted the most explosive player in quite some time, and we also got a bunch of players who will help to make the 3-4 a tough scheme to run against. We already have a great defensive backfield. Now we will have a better defense that you cannot run against.

We played just about everybody tough last year, including New England twice. We beat the Jets. Despite having all those injuries and a coach with no direction, we still managed to have some quality performances on the field.

This will be a playoff team.

PASS THE KOOLAIDE! GO BILLS!!!!! :wallbash:

Let's wait to see how Torrell Troup and Kyle Williams perform at the nose before suggesting no one will be able to run against us. Oh, and did you realize that we have no outside linebackers currently on the roster? If you think Maybin is a natural for OLB, you may want to ask yourself why Perry Fewell preferred Bryan Scott at the position late in the year. It may be easy to run to the outside and up the middle.

What. You do realize 3-4 OLB is much different than a 4-3 OLB right? My bad, you obviously didn't.

You know what? A lot of people get torn a new one when they make predictions like the Bills will make the playoffs or will have a winning record.

The main thing to remember is that anything can happen on a Sunday. Sure, some teams had a huge offseason and on paper looked to be stacked. That doesnt mean that the team will gel and play well together.

I honestly think the Bills are in the proccess of putting the right pieces in order and I think we will all notice a change for the better sooner than we thought...

Agreed on the any-given-Sunday point, but over a 16 game season, you really see what you have. I'm thinking lots of high points, big home win or two to jack up the fans, etc. , but on balance, the Bills this season cannot reasonably expect to win 8 games, unless some very unusual things, like zero injuries (this is big) , rookie class hits it out of the park, someone grabs the QB job, etc. happen. Miami did it two years ago, maybe we can do it this year.. but it would be very unusual. a half a dozen more key injuries this year, and we are looking at the pole position in the draft...

but that means gailey recruited this guy tho right?

Probably, but Gailey would have little to do with developing Howard, or the 2nd ranked rushing attack in '09. GT ranked 25th in the nation in rushing in '07, the last year he was head coach.

Does it mean anything? Not really, just making sure the right facts were out there.

SSDD