2010 Fantasy Warmup - Let's do it!!

Soulfly3

alrite guys... I am a fantasy addict... live it. love it. can;t get enough of it...

post your top 5 picks in order you would select them... and then for the Bills twist add which Bills player would would select first and in which round.

*** I am aware and expect MANY "No Bills, in any round" calls... or an Andre Reed throwback... but lets giv'er hell.

1) C Johnson

2) Ray Rice

3) AP

4) MJD

5) A Rodgers

Bills: CJ Spiller on a 8-9th round flier. Perhaps earlier pendind on my RB situation at that given point.

im also a fantasy addict :lol:

... you got a solid top 5 but i didnt realize ray rice put up the stats last year to be 2nd over all.

As for the bills id say you take Lee Evans first anywhere between 8 to 10 because even though he is in one of the worst situations in the league qb wise he is still a number one receiver on a team that will now have a decently productive offense who can utilize its players with Gailey. I think Evans would be a steal in the 8 to 10 range because he has a shot to be a 1000 yrd receiver this yr with TO gone (he was in 08 when he was the only wr) and will anywhere from 4 to 7 TD's.

I do believe Spiller will have good production this year since Nix and Gailey love him and siad yuou have to use a top 10 pick on someone who will come in and play big minutes right away. However, with Jackson and Lynch on the roster he will not get goal line carries (which is huge, especially if your name is Adrian "one yard td run" Peterson) and figures to lose a bunch of carries/yards to them. Spiller should be drafted as a 3rd or 4th back so anywhere from round 9 and beyond. Jackson should go 10+ and Lynch is a late round flier.

* Also keep an eye out for Shawn Nelson for i firmly believe that he can be a top 15 TE in production this year and should be targeted at the end of drafts or off the waiver wire.

Rice had a monsterous year... and looks only to get better. The addition of BOldin to the Ravens' offense will open the field up for RIce to run a muck.

last season Rice dominated with NO WR threat on his team

and ya, Andre Johnson would be my 1st WR pick... there sickness and then theres Andre

alrite guys... I am a fantasy addict... live it. love it. can;t get enough of it...

post your top 5 picks in order you would select them... and then for the Bills twist add which Bills player would would select first and in which round.

*** I am aware and expect MANY "No Bills, in any round" calls... or an Andre Reed throwback... but lets giv'er hell.

1) C Johnson

2) Ray Rice

3) AP

4) MJD

5) A Rodgers

Bills: CJ Spiller on a 8-9th round flier. Perhaps earlier pendind on my RB situation at that given point.

You didnt provide enough information to determine the top 5...you need to know if its also a points per reception leauge too. I wont even play in a league anymore that doesnt have a points per reception scoring system. The reason being, its way more challenging and allows you to find value. It makes all the positions more balanced in terms of scoring.

So, if it is PPR, then AJ has to be in the top 5. I think I would go CJ, AP, MJD, Rice, AJ...QB's are deep and the kind of production Rodgers can put up can be found in Brees, Manning, Brady, Favre, and even Romo...so, even though I think Rodgers is the first or second best QB, there are several not far off from him which to me decreases his value.

You didnt provide enough information to determine the top 5...you need to know if its also a points per reception leauge too. I wont even play in a league anymore that doesnt have a points per reception scoring system. The reason being, its way more challenging and allows you to find value. It makes all the positions more balanced in terms of scoring.

I agree. I much prefer PPR leagues. In non-PPR leagues, only the top receivers are relevant (teams second WR aren't going to get you many points), TEs aren't doing much for you unless they happen to catch a TD, and it's just a mad scramble to get as many RBs as possible. Giving points for receptions also rewards consistency. Fantasy managers should be rewarded for measuring consistency rather than the unpredictable fluky big plays.

Non-PPR:

1.) CJ

2.) Ray Rice

3.) MJD

4.) AP

5.) Gore

PPR:

1.) CJ

2.) Ray Rice

3.) Andre Johnson

4.) MJD

5.) AP

I drafted Lynch his first two seasons. He's a good goal line back and produced a lot of touchdowns those two seasons. Last year with Peters being replaced by practice squad scrubs, the Bills were rarely ever inside the ten yard line and Lynch wasn't on the field. I wouldn't touch any Bills player this season with a ten foot pole. Our QBs can't find Evans, the offensive line has not been improved, and there's a three way split at RB. Spiller will probably only get 12 or less carries a game. He will make some big plays, but will be a hit and miss play week to week.

I play PPR.

CJ

AP

Ray Rice

MJD

AJ

There are a couple other Bills fans in my league that will surely reach for Spiller on draft day. :rolleyes:

I'm not sure if he's really a sleeper anymore, but I had great value from Matt Schaub as a 12th rounder last year. I'm pretty sure he finished top 3 in points for my league just behind Brees and Rodgers.

CJ

AP

Ray Rice

MJD

AJ

I have the same top 5 as you, as I also play in a PPR league.

Also, my league plays defense as well, so once I saw safeties start going I would take Byrd from the Bills :rolleyes:

I'm not sure if he's really a sleeper anymore, but I had great value from Matt Schaub as a 12th rounder last year. I'm pretty sure he finished top 3 in points for my league just behind Brees and Rodgers.

Good move. That must've been a small league, though, for Schaub to go in the 12th. You can pass on Brees/Rodgers/Manning/Brady in rounds one and two and get near the same production around round four with Schaub/Rivers/Romo. Before their eventful off-season, I was even planning on waiting a couple rounds longer and grab McNabb or Roethlisberger, but not anymore obviously.

I play in all PPR leagues, so I'll go at it from that angle...

1. Chris Johnson

2. AP

3. (aka 2B) Rice

4. MJD

5. Gore

I'm oldschool.... First 5-6 picks of the first round, I would go RB, just b/c the talent level tends to fall off... Rice could easily be picked ahead of AP in PPR format, but there are more mouths to feed in Balt. IMO... MJD is smart, and solid, and catches some passes, and Gore should not have to be relied upon so much, plus passing game will be better, eliminating 8 in the box EVERY down...

As far as Bills... I took 3 last year, and I got them all REALLY late... Mind you, 2 of them were busts... After digging through my notebooks, I found that I drafted Freddie Jackson in the 9th round, Marshawn in the 11th and suprisingly enough to me I got Lee in the 13th... I'm a bit of a homer, but I felt that one of the Bills RB's would produce and Jackson did, and If anyone tells me they would turn down Evans in the 13th round of a 10 team league, they are full of it.... He still has that ability... (Never know when he will put up a line like: 4 rec, 207 yards, 3 TD)