SCHOBEL

bkc

As the Schobel saga continues to drag on here is a quick idea. What we have about Schobel is that he is sick of losing and wants to be closer to home . How about trading him to the saints with a Mid rouNDn pick for J brown. Perhaps playing for a super bowl contender and closer to home will get him fired up to play for a few more season. The saints would like to add a pass rusher and clearly are gearing up for life after Brown . Ok now fire away

As the Schobel saga continues to drag on here is a quick idea. What we have about Schobel is that he is sick of losing and wants to be closer to home . How about trading him to the saints with a Mid rouNDn pick for J brown. Perhaps playing for a super bowl contender and closer to home will get him fired up to play for a few more season. The saints would like to add a pass rusher and clearly are gearing up for life after Brown . Ok now fire away

I still think Houston would be a great landing spot for him. They are up-and-coming and it seems like they would be willing to pay a little more since they are not coming off of a SB victory. Maybe package him and ML for (dare I say it) a first??

I still think Houston would be a great landing spot for him. They are up-and-coming and it seems like they would be willing to pay a little more since they are not coming off of a SB victory. Maybe package him and ML for (dare I say it) a first??

I thought about Houston before the draft, but right now I am hoping to somehow land a vet left tackle

dude...

1) if the bills dispatch Schobel, the logic behind that is going to be to dump his salary. Cuz... he ain't playing up to his 5 or 6m contract. So, they ain't gonna drop his salary and take on another like it unless they get a superstar.

2) Why do you think Brown is on the block? Because, he's damaged goods coming off a serious knee injury. So, the Saints don't want to play his salary either. He's not the same Jamaal Brown of 2-3 years ago. He is a huge gamble... why not wait til the Saints release him, and then scope him out and sign him to an incentive layden contract?

Schobel may end up with the Saints. He can start and he can add depth.... but do the Saints really want to pay his salary?

If Schobel is traded, it will be for a draft choice.

I think the Bills would like to see Schobel lined up at LB in the OTAs before the reach a final conclusion as to what they do with him. And, let's not forget, the Bills don't have to do a damn thing... the ball is in Schobel's court. He's the one under contract. If he doesn't come to work, he doesn't get paid.

the ball is in Schobel's court. He's the one under contract. If he doesn't come to work, he doesn't get paid.

And you think he cares because? What's he made...about 50 million by now? I don't think it's a money motivated decision at this point in his career.

dude...

1) if the bills dispatch Schobel, the logic behind that is going to be to dump his salary. Cuz... he ain't playing up to his 5 or 6m contract. So, they ain't gonna drop his salary and take on another like it unless they get a superstar.

2) Why do you think Brown is on the block? Because, he's damaged goods coming off a serious knee injury. So, the Saints don't want to play his salary either. He's not the same Jamaal Brown of 2-3 years ago. He is a huge gamble... why not wait til the Saints release him, and then scope him out and sign him to an incentive layden contract?

Schobel may end up with the Saints. He can start and he can add depth.... but do the Saints really want to pay his salary?

I would assume anyone trading for Schobel will be redoing his contract . As for Brown you either get a one year look were he can prove is worth for the open market or you check him out and you like what you see and offer him a contract .

If Schobel is traded, it will be for a draft choice.

I think the Bills would like to see Schobel lined up at LB in the OTAs before the reach a final conclusion as to what they do with him. And, let's not forget, the Bills don't have to do a damn thing... the ball is in Schobel's court. He's the one under contract. If he doesn't come to work, he doesn't get paid.

Who gives a Rats Ass about Schobel, he is the most overrated Bills player in the last 10 years. He has some good stats, but when has he consistently played Big In Big Games most of his Sacks came when Bills where out of Games, Much inflated He was never good against the run, CUT his ASS

And you think he cares because? What's he made...about 50 million by now? I don't think it's a money motivated decision at this point in his career.

I don't give two schittz either way. he could retire for all I care. Bottom line, Bills don't have to do schitt, he's under contract. If he don't play the bills don't pay. And, if he wants to play somewhere else, let him and his agent shop for a deal.

\

I'd take some future draft picks. Remember how it felt not to have one more choice in the 3rd or 4th round? Let's stockpile some picks.

Who gives a Rats Ass about Schobel, he is the most overrated Bills player in the last 10 years. He has some good stats, but when has he consistently played Big In Big Games most of his Sacks came when Bills where out of Games, Much inflated He was never good against the run, CUT his ASS

giving away an asset no matter how small and recieving nothing back ?

He has said it consistently...he plays for the Bills or he retires. He is comfortable where he is, does not want to go to a new area, learn/meet new people, new atmosphere. He will play for the Bills or retire so no use in trading him.

Schobel was quoted as saying if he were to continue playing it would only be for the Bills.

My thought is this, if he doesn't retire, what happens if he can't make the team as a starter. OLB is a huge question mark with this guy. I'm not saying he can't, but it's hard to imagine him doing it at a high level at this point in his career. It is no small challenge.