113 members have voted

1. 1. What grade?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F
    • we will have to wait and see...

I for one am thrilled at this draft. Spiller was by no means the consensus pick at 9 but I think he will prove to be a game changer.

1) Drafted two OT without reaching for someone with a high pick

2) got the QB some may have believed was the primary target of Nix and Co

3) a DT to man the middle with Kyle Williams,

4) a WR that should push Hardy/Stevie/Jackson

5) more pieces for our 3-4 swtich

I for one am thrilled at this draft. Spiller was by no means the consensus pick at 9 but I think he will prove to be a game changer.

I give him an A even thou there is only 1 big name player I think he drafted what we really needed and after looking for info on the players he got I think he did a good job

A vote other than wait and see is pointless at this juncture IMO.

Solid B.

Troup, Carrington and Easley were reaches at their draft numbers, but good picks nonetheless. Not taking Claussen in the 2nd or LeFevour in the 6th might have been a mistake.

This years draft plus last years have the Bills building in the right direction.

Positives: Addressed D-line early, especially at NT, the most important position. Got the consensus best player at one position at #9, & wasn't considered a reach. Did attempt to address O-line to some extent, although it may have been too late to make much of an impact.

Negatives: Passed a potential franchise QB twice. Passed on some potentially solid starters at LT (Davis, Bulaga, Staffold) once, passed on another (Brown) twice. May have reached for a couple of picks; probably could've traded down & still got their guy(s). Ignored positional value and long-term rebuilding strategy by going RB in the first round.

It's really a wait & see, of course. If Buddy's bizarro vision turns out to be true, and the presence of Spiller transforms our 30th-ranked offense, led by Trent Edwards behind Demetrius Bell, into a good offense, then this is an A+ draft. If none of the OTs that they passed on pan out, that would also help the grade. Clausen busting would be a major boost to the grade.

I think it was an interesting draft. I like that Buddy realizes you have to get real difference makers at the #9 spot, and didn't reach for someone far down his draft board. I also like the fact that we got some size, and teams like Buddy Nix's San Diego Chargers made a living off of getting good, solid offensive linemen in the later rounds.

I don't have a problem with the strategy, I just hope he picked the right players. That's really the key - if all of these picks pan out, they'll be a much improved football team.

Have to wait atleast 1 season possibly 3. But i would not give anything over a C. Did nt get a good qb or an highly rated LT-2 of our biggest needs

the troupe pick bothers me. I dont mind if you take him, just trade down and get him next round. i.e. NEW ENGLAND (even though i hate NE, they know how to trade picks and get more out of them)