Fred Jackson to WR?

Coach55

With the addition of Spiller into the backfield, could Fred Jackson be moved out to WR? Last year they used him spread a fair amount of time and coaches stated "he was one of the best route runners they had". He clearly has hands and is very versatile. Given our "loaded" backfield and questionable WR depth - I could forsee Gailey featuring Spiller and find a way to keep Jackson on the field. Thoughts?

Anything is possible at this point. If the Bills can improve their 3rd down blitz pickup alone at the rb position I would be happy. We had some key drives stall last year not because of the o-line on those specific plays but at the rbs avoiding contact when they are supposed to be blocking. I like Jackson game alot, but his blocking makes me ill.

That's the great thing about our trio of RBs, each of them can be dangerous no matter where they line up.

I'm not quite sure that the drafting of a rookie RB will turn around one of the NFL's most moribund offenses and somehow make it into some kind of powerhouse...

With the addition of Spiller into the backfield, could Fred Jackson be moved out to WR? Last year they used him spread a fair amount of time and coaches stated "he was one of the best route runners they had". He clearly has hands and is very versatile. Given our "loaded" backfield and questionable WR depth - I could forsee Gailey featuring Spiller and find a way to keep Jackson on the field. Thoughts?

He could be, but he won't.

Why?

Because he's a running back and you can also throw him passes.

"He clearly does have hands".

Right.

And left.