Trade up for Clausen

So we took Spiller in the first round which I am not thrilled about. So if we are working to retool the offense we need to take Clausen and start doing just that. We need to trade up ahead of Cleveland and take CLausen and then we can start working on the OL. A QB, a gamebreaking RB, and some new linemen would help retool the offense in a hurry.

Clausen SUCKS. When are you going to face reality. There are 2 starting-caliber Offensive Tackles, and a big-time NT sitting there for the taking. Pass on Clausen. It should tell you something that Tebow was even drafted ahead of this clown.

So we took Spiller in the first round which I am not thrilled about. So if we are working to retool the offense we need to take Clausen and start doing just that. We need to trade up ahead of Cleveland and take CLausen and then we can start working on the OL. A QB, a gamebreaking RB, and some new linemen would help retool the offense in a hurry.

And what would you give up in terms of players/draft picks just to move up 5 or 6 spots in round 2? :huh:

There's a reason Clausen's still on the board - he's a punk with attitude issues, and folks also saw what happened with the last supposedly NFL-ready Charlie Weis-coached QB from Notre Dame. Clausen's the next Matt Leinart. JMO.

We're supposedly going to a 3-4 defense and need a NT - the Bills should grab Terrence Cody before NE* uses one of their* three round 2 picks on him to replace Wilfork*, then go to OT Rodger Saffold in round 3.

If we kept the 41st pick, grabbed either of those lineman and picked clausen later on -- I would be totally down with that.

We need playmakers is what Nix is saying by drafting Spiller. So get another one in Clausen. I don't know how much Notre Dame football you watch but I watch every game and without Clausen Notre Dame wouldn't have won a game. Clausen and Evans would be lethal.

There's a reason Clausen's still on the board - he's a punk with attitude issues, and folks also saw what happened with the last supposedly NFL-ready Charlie Weis-coached QB from Notre Dame. Clausen's the next Matt Leinart. JMO.

The attitude questions may be hurting him, but for all the talk of Clausen being so well coaching, its strange that its something else that may be hurting him as well. I think there may be some concerns that Clausen has been so well coached that there's little potential left, that he's basically maxed out and is as good as he's ever going to be.

Clausen sucks ass