Can a QB after Clausen or McCoy make an impact this year?

MClem06

Say the Bills go and take an OT or DT with their next pick and bypass either QB's that are available. Both Clausen and McCoy go before the bills can trade up or use their 3rd pick. Is it best for them to suck it up and wait till next year for a deeper QB draft or take a chance on a QB and hope for a diamond in the rough? Looks to me like after McCoy is gone there is a huge drop off. It's going to be interesting to see what the 41st pick will be considering this will be slim pickens at QB if they don't pick either of the two that are graded the best. Can any of these QB's be worthy in later rounds, I haven't really paid any attention to their play in college...

Available after Clausen and McCoy go:

Skelton, John QB 6'5" 243 Fordham

Pike, Tony QB 6'6" 223 Cincinnati

LeFevour, Dan QB 6'3" 230 Central Michigan

Brown, Jarrett QB 6'3" 224 West Virginia

Snead, Jevan QB 6'3" 219 Mississippi

Kafka, Mike QB 6'3" 225 Northwestern

Robinson, Zac QB 6'2" 214 Oklahoma State

Edwards, Armanti QB 5'11" 187 Appalachian State

Crompton, Jonathan QB 6'3" 222 Tennessee

Say the Bills go and take an OT or DT with their next pick and bypass either QB's that are available. Both Clausen and McCoy go before the bills can trade up or use their 3rd pick. Is it best for them to suck it up and wait till next year for a deeper QB draft or take a chance on a QB and hope for a diamond in the rough? Looks to me like after McCoy is gone there is a huge drop off. It's going to be interesting to see what the 41st pick will be considering this will be slim pickens at QB if they don't pick either of the two that are graded the best. Can any of these QB's be worthy in later rounds, I haven't really paid any attention to their play in college...

Available after Clausen and McCoy go:

Skelton, John QB 6'5" 243 Fordham

Pike, Tony QB 6'6" 223 Cincinnati

LeFevour, Dan QB 6'3" 230 Central Michigan

Brown, Jarrett QB 6'3" 224 West Virginia

Snead, Jevan QB 6'3" 219 Mississippi

Kafka, Mike QB 6'3" 225 Northwestern

Robinson, Zac QB 6'2" 214 Oklahoma State

Edwards, Armanti QB 5'11" 187 Appalachian State

Crompton, Jonathan QB 6'3" 222 Tennessee

MClem, I think you're missing Levi from Troy, as well.

I don't hate Pike and I don't hate Skelton.

Something tells me not to disregard Skelton for some reason. Pike and LeFevour are career backups at best or UFL backups at worst.

I think Armanti Edwards will actually find a niche in the NFL, just not as a QB.

eh, i disagree here. I think Pike can come in and make an impact right away. Im not a LeFevour fan.

I don't think I'd take any of them until at least round 4. At that point, I think Pike and Skelton are solid picks, maybe Jarret Brown as well. McCoy isn't too far ahead of that group, either, at least IMO, and I wouldn't consider him until R3 at the earliest.