Drafting--Quality v Need

Casey D

Ignore Sully. His only function is to agitate/stroke for $0.75 a day.

Set 'em up to knock 'em down is columnist Rule One...

Sullivan and Co Talking about Day 1 for Bills

Take a look at this video and I'll bet you that you will never take this guy's opinion with anything other than a snicker again. It's like in the waterboy when the coach imagines his nemesis as a baby....classic.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

+1 Take talent every time. Jerry Sullivan is not all bad but he's being a little b!tch right now by going both ways. Cant make a whiny patriots fan happy with anything. Why doesn't he just go back to boston and write there?

They won't pay him to do it. Buffalo will. Shafted again by B-town.

I am amazed that so many serious football fans don't seem to understand how the draft works, and how all teams basically do the same thing. They may ultimately make poor decisions or great decisions, or a combination of both, but every single pick by every single team in every single round is a choice between BPA and BPNA (Best Player(s) of Need Available).

Each team has their board of overall best players. As soon as the team ahead of them makes the choice and they are on the clock they make the decision between the two theories. On every single pick, every single time. Is this BPA available going to help us more than the BPNA. If the answer is a LOT more, they take the BPA. If the answer is a little more or not much more, they usually go for the BPNA.

Exactly--if you are doing it right, position should be something of a tiebreaker. But if you have an RB with a much higher grade than an OT, you should take the RB, not the OT even though you have a much greater need for the OT. Teams deviate from this--but the better teams don't.

The overall deciding factor in most teams' minds when drafting in the top half of the first round is this. Are we going to be paying a guy, who possibly fits our needs, possibly not, top ten money if he doesn't belong in the top ten. You need to make sure that when you pay a guy 30 million dollars for what he did in college that it better translate into the NFL day1 of the next season. These guys need to be ready to go. Therefore CJ Spiller, a playmaker, and will end up contributing from day one.

Sullivan and Co Talking about Day 1 for Bills

Take a look at this video and I'll bet you that you will never take this guy's opinion with anything other than a snicker again. It's like in the waterboy when the coach imagines his nemesis as a baby....classic.

huh? Calm, reasoned analysis with CONSENSUS among all 3 reporters that there were better choices in need areas. I don't see how this video supports your argument in any way.

OK--your position is that they are bad talent evaluators--that Spiller did not deserve the high grade the Bills gave him. Got it.

Or the high grades that any of the other talent evaluators gave him, either. Gruden loves this guy.

That's okay. The whiners will STFU when CJ does a jailbreak and starts changing games and changes the way teams defend against the Bills.

Or the high grades that any of the other talent evaluators gave him, either. Gruden loves this guy.

That's okay. The whiners will STFU when CJ does a jailbreak and starts changing games and changes the way teams defend against the Bills.

Exactly. Show me. Until then I ain't buying what the crooks at OBD are selling.

how many playoff games did the lions win with Barry Sanders?