Bills will not take a QB in Rd 2

the mentality that "you shouldn't draft a QB this year because there's not a lot of good ones" is stupid. no matter how many "good" QB's are in the draft, your team can (typically) only take one anyway. it doesn't matter if there's 3 good choices or 20, your odds are still the same.

The Bills addresed the deficiencies at the QB position/Offense by selecting Spiller....a guy that will make a QB/Offense look better on day one.

If it's true that Gailey can get the best out of mediocre QB's (Tomszack, Fiedler, Stewart, Thigpen), then maybe the Bills think he can do the same with.....no, not an unproven rookie QB.....but with the QB's he currently has on staff. Remember, with the names above, he did not draft any of them, he inherited them. So, I believe he can do the same with the current Bills QB's, namely Edwards....

That is my best guess.

So, with their Rd 2 pick, I don't expect them to take or move up to select Clausen or McCoy. Why would they? If the current QB's on the roster are a question mark, then the rookies-to-be are even more of a question mark.

Look for them to take an OT, DT, OLB/DE, or WR.

My prediction: Kindle or Charles Brown

Comments?

I agree. But I think they take the OT from Indiana, Safford or Cody (NT) or Cam Thomas (NT). If Safford is there I think he is the pick, if not, they will take Cody or Thomas.

The Bills addresed the deficiencies at the QB position/Offense by selecting Spiller....a guy that will make a QB/Offense look better on day one.

If it's true that Gailey can get the best out of mediocre QB's (Tomszack, Fiedler, Stewart, Thigpen), then maybe the Bills think he can do the same with.....no, not an unproven rookie QB.....but with the QB's he currently has on staff. Remember, with the names above, he did not draft any of them, he inherited them. So, I believe he can do the same with the current Bills QB's, namely Edwards....

That is my best guess.

So, with their Rd 2 pick, I don't expect them to take or move up to select Clausen or McCoy. Why would they? If the current QB's on the roster are a question mark, then the rookies-to-be are even more of a question mark.

Comments?

Why? Because they said they would.

That is my best guess.

Comments?

The QBs on the roster are not question marks. They are known to suck. Maybe Brohm is still a question mark, the other two are very established commodities. A question mark is a big upgrade at this point.

And I respectfully disagree with your assertion that drafting a RB will address the deficiencies at QB. Chris Johnson had arguably the best RB season in NFL history last year, but it didn't make Kerry Collins look any better.

The Bills are in a tough spot because they have two decent back-up QBs in Fitz and Edwards, and one decent project QB in Brohm. Brohm is at least as good a chance at becoming a good NFL starter as anyone they would eventually choose after Clausen or Cody. In the NFL, you really need a starter, a back-up with decent ability to play a few games, and a QB project of the future. If we take a Skelton or Pike or someone like that, what do we do with Brohm and the fact we still have no starter?

To me, either we don't take a QB at all right now unless we intend to trade up for Clausen (which I might do) or Colt (which I wouldnt do), or else acquire Campbell as your starter for 1-2 years for peanuts while you groom Brohm or Skelton or whoever you think has a decent chance, and get rid of Edwards and Fitz altogether, even if it is on the eve of the season and risk Brohm being your back-up.