Great Job by Nix and company.

DarthICE

Did you see how fast the Spiller pick went up? They had him targeted all along. We need playmakers on this team, something sorely lacking for 10 years. Nix went and got us one.

Looking at all the irrational bitching, whining etc I don't get what some of you expected? Nix has hinted at and we were told by NGU that the Bills would not REACH just to fill a percieved need. We were not going to take the 3rd or 4th LT at #9, you NEVER do that. That is a Marv/Donahoe/ Brandon move. At #9 you need an impact player and we got the most explosive guy in the draft.

We were told and it was hinted, we were NOT taking a QB outside of Bradford at #9, again I guess some fans just don't listen. As for as Tebow is concerned, apperantly they thought he was someone Gailey could work with, but again Nix DID THE RIGHT THING and didn't overpay or mortgage the rest of the draft for a developmental player.

We can get a damn good QB, LT and NT in rounds 2-4. for Some reason I feel we will have more than just the 3 current picks in those rounds when all is said and done.

Oh and can the consistant bitching about the OL stop already? Fred Jackson put up over 1000 yards behind this 'crap' OL. If we had a QB that could throw the damn ball with anticipation, no fear, and read a defense, our sack totals would have dropped drastically as well. Do we need help? Sure, but it isn't as bad as people make out.

Like I just said in the chat above... I'm so happy that we went with Best Player Available instead of reaching for a need. Spiller is a game changer in the mold of Chris Johnson, and if he can be nearly the player Johnson is, I'm more than satisfied.

Like I just said in the chat above... I'm so happy that we went with Best Player Available instead of reaching for a need. Spiller is a game changer in the mold of Chris Johnson, and if he can be nearly the player Johnson is, I'm more than satisfied.

Exactly. I see a faulk/Thomas type guy but faster. Can you immagine Gailey going 5 wide and trying to cover this guy in the slot? Whew!!!

if people are disappointed with the Bills picking Spiller thats one thing but for some of these people to say he isnt any good or is just a kick returner just shows how little college football they watch and how misinformed they actually are

Spiller can play and is the best offensive player in this draft, I love the pick...the Bills havent had a playmaker like him in a long time

i also dont get the people that act like the draft is over and that the Bills wont be adding anymore players before the season starts...there are two very good tackles still on the board as well as a few QBs that will be available in the 3rd round

the Bills need a tackle, we all know that and Im guessing they draft one in the next two rounds

i don't have anything to add here because darth hit the nail on the head. campbell, charlie brown, and saffold are all still on the board right? is one of them next? or could it be my choice (please oh please) TERRENCE CODY?!?!!? GO BILLS!!!!

Keep up the good work, Buddy!

Oh and can the consistant bitching about the OL stop already? Fred Jackson put up over 1000 yards behind this 'crap' OL. If we had a QB that could throw the damn ball with anticipation, no fear, and read a defense, our sack totals would have dropped drastically as well. Do we need help? Sure, but it isn't as bad as people make out.

The Bills OL really wasn't bad at run blocking. They were just one of the worst pass blocking units I've ever seen.

Did you see how fast the Spiller pick went up? They had him targeted all along. We need playmakers on this team, something sorely lacking for 10 years. Nix went and got us one.

Looking at all the irrational bitching, whining etc I don't get what some of you expected? Nix has hinted at and we were told by NGU that the Bills would not REACH just to fill a percieved need. We were not going to take the 3rd or 4th LT at #9, you NEVER do that. That is a Marv/Donahoe/ Brandon move. At #9 you need an impact player and we got the most explosive guy in the draft.

We were told and it was hinted, we were NOT taking a QB outside of Bradford at #9, again I guess some fans just don't listen. As for as Tebow is concerned, apperantly they thought he was someone Gailey could work with, but again Nix DID THE RIGHT THING and didn't overpay or mortgage the rest of the draft for a developmental player.

We can get a damn good QB, LT and NT in rounds 2-4. for Some reason I feel we will have more than just the 3 current picks in those rounds when all is said and done.

Totally agreed....

I can not say how much i LOVE LOVE LOVE this pick. I was at the draft last year and devastated when we took Maybin. This is a home run pick. When you have guys like Marshall Faulk and Barry Sanders saying you are a great back, that says something. I don't care how negative Sully or Sully Jr want to be (sorry TG, normally love your articles, but lately been sounding too much like you're sitting next to Sully at press conferences, cmon you're a far better writer them him!) about this pick - it's a no brainer.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-draft/09000d...ls-take-Spiller

I wanted a QB, or at least a LT, but they must feel that he was the only elite offensive player left. I'm fine with the pick.

I'm guessing that they envision him as a guy that can make a difference on 3rd downs in particular. When you have Qb's that can only complete 15 yard passes, it makes some sense to have a RB that can catch the ball out of the backfield. I think the 2nd round is a good place to find another O-lineman.

I don't even care about the defense, just get the ball in the endzone once in a while so the games are bearable to watch, then work on the defense.

here are the BEST AVAILABLE as rated by NFLDRAFTSCOUT.com

#13 Taylor Mays FS

#14 Jimmy Clauson QB

#20 Everson Griffen DE

#21 Sergio Kindle OLB

#27 Carlos Dunlap DE

#28 Golden Tate WR

#29 Brian Price DT

#31 Charles Brown OT

#36 Bruce Campbell OT

#37 Daryl Washington OLB

#40 Colt McCoy QB

#41 Rob Gronkowski TE

#44 Terrence Cody DT

(skip)

#47 Roger Saffold OT

(skip)

#52 Cam Thomas DT

He is fast (I don't know his 40, I know it's real good). Speed was lacking in the backfield. he can get to the edge like no other Bills running back I can remember. And he played against other speed players in college (unlike Bush in the PAC 10 or Ginn in the Big 10).

Reggie Bush is a d-bag, that likely doesn't have the work ethic to reach his potential (lots of USC guys have turned out that way). I don't get the same feeling about Spiller.

Ted Ginn is a one-dimensional RECEIVER.

I think the Bills will finally get VALUE from the 1st round pick, even if it wasn't at the position of greatest need.

As for as Tebow is concerned, apperantly they thought he was someone Gailey could work with, but again Nix DID THE RIGHT THING and didn't overpay or mortgage the rest of the draft for a developmental player.

Not for lack of trying. If Denver doesn't lose their damned minds, we're stuck with Teblow.

We can get a damn good QB, LT and NT in rounds 2-4.

Where are we going to find these magical players in 2-4? The QB/LT/NT store? NT I could see. But sorry, not buying into the QB/LT. Clausen stinks, so does the dude from centralwestern michigan state college for toolboxws. And an LT? Give me options, because if I"m heading into the season with Demetrius fricking Bell as the starter, I'm chalking up another #9 pick.

Spiller is going to be one of the cornerstones of this new regime, chan is gonna find all sorts of ways to get him the ball and maximize his talents, I can just feel it, Darth was right, they knew exactly who they wanted, and now we got him. Great Job by Nix so far, now go get a NT, OT and QB

He is fast (I don't know his 40, I know it's real good). Speed was lacking in the backfield. he can get to the edge like no other Bills running back I can remember. And he played against other speed players in college (unlike Bush in the PAC 10 or Ginn in the Big 10).

Reggie Bush is a d-bag, that likely doesn't have the work ethic to reach his potential (lots of USC guys have turned out that way). I don't get the same feeling about Spiller.

Ted Ginn is a one-dimensional RECEIVER.

I think the Bills will finally get VALUE from the 1st round pick, even if it wasn't at the position of greatest need.

And not to mention the incredible supporting cast of future NFL draftees Bush had while at USC-

QB Matt Leinhart

QB Matt Cassell

RB LenDale White

OL_Winston Justice

OL Deuce Lutui

OL Sam Baker

OL Ryan Kalil

OL Chilo Rachal

TE Alex Holmes

TE Dominique Byrd

TE Fred Davis

WR Dwayne Jarrett

WR Steve Smith

I'm not an expert in Clemson football but there's no way Spiller was playing with this much NFL talent which makes his achievements all the more impressive.

And not to mention the incredible supporting cast of future NFL draftees Bush had while at USC-

QB Matt Leinhart

QB Matt Cassell

RB LenDale White

OL_Winston Justice

OL Deuce Lutui

OL Sam Baker

OL Ryan Kalil

OL Chilo Rachal

TE Alex Holmes

TE Dominique Byrd

TE Fred Davis

WR Dwayne Jarrett

WR Steve Smith

I'm not an expert in Clemson football but there's no way Spiller was playing with this much NFL talent which makes his achievements all the more impressive.

+1

while it may be against popular belief, I'm saying no QB in the 2nd round. Here's why: We've probably all seen the logs of the recent Super Bowl-winning QB's, they are most ALL high first round picks. Brees was one pick out of the first round and Brady is by far the exception. This team isn't going to be Super Bowl bound in one year. I think they need to wait until next year and target a QB in round 1 then. in the meantime stock up on everything else.

Spiller a great pick, IMO. A potential superstar which this team has none of. Continue to get BPA, Nix. Guys that can individually chance the complexion of a game.

i like the pick. not really loving it as id have liked a trade-down, but my guess is the raiders ruined that with their pick.

otot, taking all of 3 minutes to grab spiller might tell hes who they wanted anyways.

what i DO love is that they acted to their words. no reach for need, taking BPA, looking for playmakers and so on.

and given spillers statue they very well accomplished 2 goals with 1 pick. adding a playmaker AND a waterbug ^^

now i just hope they go big in 2 - 4. wouldnt be disappointed with colt though