Don't know why I'm goona feed your fire

stevestojan

Now, you know I hate to be optomistic, but if I have to find one thing that gives us a chance at all of winning out, it is the fact that we don't have to play Pittsburgh until week 17.

One game at a time, blah blah. No, we need to win them ALL. And to use the stupid cliche of "one game at a time" is retarded. There is not one player on the team that doesn't know winning out is needed.

That being said, we have to beat Miami (easy), Cleveland (beatable), Cinnci (toughest game of the next 4), SanFranciso (good lord they are bad), and then:

Big Bad Pittsburgh.

Now, if we have any chance at the playoffs, we need Pittsburgh to keep winning, and winning. We cannot beat Pittsburgh if they are playing at full strength.

However, if they clinch home field advantage by week 16, it would only seem logical that they would not play all their #1 guys in week 17.

That is our only real hope.

Then again, if that's what we are hoping for, what would happen if we had to play them, or NE, or Indy in the playoffs?! oh man, I think I'll take a nice 9-7 season, and look forward to next year... yet again.

I agree, but.....

I bet Pittsburgh and New England will go into the last game of the season with the same record. Which means we will have to play the 100% Steelers team, because they will need a win to remain tied with the Pats, and then they get home field because of the tie breaker.....

I think it is possible for us to win our remaining games, even the 100% Steeler team.

Now, you know I hate to be optomistic, but if I have to find one thing that gives us a chance at all of winning out, it is the fact that we don't have to play Pittsburgh until week 17.

One game at a time, blah blah. No, we need to win them ALL. And to use the stupid cliche of "one game at a time" is retarded. There is not one player on the team that doesn't know winning out is needed.

That being said, we have to beat Miami (easy), Cleveland (beatable), Cinnci (toughest game of the next 4), SanFranciso (good lord they are bad), and then:

Big Bad Pittsburgh.

Now, if we have any chance at the playoffs, we need Pittsburgh to keep winning, and winning.  We cannot beat Pittsburgh if they are playing at full strength.

However, if they clinch home field advantage by week 16, it would only seem logical that they would not play all their #1 guys in week 17.

Then again, if that's what we are hoping for, what would happen if we had to play them, or NE, or Indy in the playoffs?! oh man, I think I'll take a nice 9-7 season, and look forward to next year... yet again.

137610[/snapback]

while I feel we can beat Pittsburgh with all their starters, do you really expect Roony and Cowher to let Donohoe and Mularky have a chance at beating them. This game is a rivalry game at the corporate and coaching levels. Expect a dog fight regardless.

I say we can beat them.

I agree, but.....

I bet Pittsburgh and New England will go into the last game of the season with the same record.  Which means we will have to play the 100% Steelers team, because they will need a win to remain tied with the Pats, and then they get home field because of the tie breaker.....

I think it is possible for us to win our remaining games, even the 100% Steeler team.

137623[/snapback]

Me too! The steelers "O" dosent scare me at all! If we can stop Alexander, Faulk and Jackson, then we can surely stop the old "Bus"! Take their running game out, and they are NOTHING!!!!!!!!! WE WILL WIN!!!!!!!!

Indy is definitely beatable ... if our D can slow them down even just a little bit, THEIR D is HORRIBLE. Despite Peyton being all-world, I'll not be surprised if they go "one-and-done" in the playoffs this year. THey just have no team balance at all - all the bucks are tied up in Peyton, Harrison, and Edgerrin. Their only quality starter on D is Freeney, who is playing out his rookie contract (2 more years).

Just glad that game is in Buffalo instead of Pittsburgh.  Though a 10-6 record might not even be good enough to get an AFC team in the playoffs this year.

137645[/snapback]

and yet i think 5-11 will get you a divisional championship in the NFC....

If the game against the Steelers were at Pittsburgh, we wouldn´t have a chance. But we are a much better team at the Ralph. And our run D is very good, and can neutralize their main weapon. So we have a chance to beat even the 100% Steelers team here, especially if we´re fighting for a playoff spot.

The hardest game of all the remaining ones is at Cincy. They´re also 5-6, and it´s a road game. It´ll be the make or break game of the rest of this season.

Pittsburgh I think is winable, but it's going to be difficult to sweep the road games vs. Miami & Cincy - both of those games are toss-ups and I feel we will find a way to lose one of them. I don't see how you can think this next game on the road is a cakewalk after we beat the same team via a defensive TD in Buffalo.

Which standings is everybody looking at anyway? 10-6 isn't going to be good enough with our unfavorable tiebreakers.

-----------------

I don't think this is true. Pittsburgh is going to get the bye so I would think that Cowher would be playing everyone to keep them fresh. Not only that but do you remember last year when Shanahan sat everyone for the last game of the year and then proceeded to get blown out of Indy the following week?

137610[/snapback]

I know where you are going with that... But on any given sunday...

Looks to me like Denver, Jax or Baltimore have the inside track on the layoffs better than we do...

So it'll be wait til next year anyway...

Pittsburgh I think is winable, but it's going to be difficult to sweep the road games vs. Miami & Cincy - both of those games are toss-ups and I feel we will find a way to lose one of them.  I don't see how you can think this next game on the road is a cakewalk after we beat the same team via a defensive TD in Buffalo.

Which standings is everybody looking at anyway?  10-6 isn't going to be good enough with our unfavorable tiebreakers.

137654[/snapback]

this Miami game scares me too. I watched our team lose to the Raiders this year.

Big Bad Pittsburgh.

Now, if we have any chance at the playoffs, we need Pittsburgh to keep winning, and winning.  We cannot beat Pittsburgh if they are playing at full strength.

137610[/snapback]

Whaaaa? If the Steelers come to the Ralph, the Bills on a 6 game winning streak, and a chance at the wildcard I would say look out for Big Bad Buffalo! Sorry, but I just don't understand your fear of this scenario.

If only Reese put his hand up and defleted that pass vs. jax. If only the travis TD was reviewed in week 2. If only we didnt allow the big play and lose to a last minute field goal against the jets.

If...And...But....I know we play the games for a reason, but realistically, we could easilly be 8-3 right now had 3 plays in our season gone the other way, and all 3 of those plays we had the power to stop.

Now, you know I hate to be optomistic, but if I have to find one thing that gives us

137610[/snapback]

I disagree, I think we can beat them at full strength. And we will beat them.

I agree, but.....

I bet Pittsburgh and New England will go into the last game of the season with the same record.  Which means we will have to play the 100% Steelers team, because they will need a win to remain tied with the Pats, and then they get home field because of the tie breaker.....

137623[/snapback]

Pittsburgh will be playing a tough road game in Jacksonville this sunday night...Given that the Jax at 6-5 are desparate this game might slip away from

pittsburgh.