2010 schedule tidbit

Adam Schefter, of ESPN, reports via Twitter NFL commissioner Roger Goodell said during a radio interview that all Week 17 games in the 2010 season will be divisional matchups.

I recall that that was discussed at their annual meeting - the idea being to inhibit teams from mailing it in (e.g. IND).

I recall that that was discussed at their annual meeting - the idea being to inhibit teams from mailing it in (e.g. IND).

"We actually have 28 divisional games in those last three weeks, as opposed to 15 for the 2009 season, and all 16 of the final Week 17 games will be divisional games," Goodell said on "Mike & Mike in the Morning."

"We actually have 28 divisional games in those last three weeks, as opposed to 15 for the 2009 season, and all 16 of the final Week 17 games will be divisional games," Goodell said on "Mike & Mike in the Morning."

Again GOOD! Fans are sick of paying hard earned money to go to a stadium and see Payton Manning etal sitting on the bench eating hotdogs.

Again GOOD! Fans are sick of paying hard earned money to go to a stadium and see Payton Manning etal sitting on the bench eating hotdogs.

If the Colts are 13-1, you can guarantee Peyton Manning is sitting on the end of the bench eating hotdogs the last two weeks, regardless of the opponent.

Fans pay their hard earned money realizing that this is a distinct possibility at the end of the season.

Other fans hope for these occurances so that they buy scalped tickets for $10 and take their four kids to an NFL football game, just to be in the stadium and have the experience. The day costs them $100 rather than $600.

I do applaud the NFL for trying to maintain a competitive atmosphere where they put their best product on the field, and divisional games is a much better idea than docking draft picks or something like that.

better then paying hard earned money for playoff tickets to see peyton sitting on the bench with his leg in a cast.

Huh? So, if the Colts are 12-2 again, and the rest of their division is 9-5 like always, tell me again why Peyton Manning won't be eating hot dogs on the bench again?