Your plans for 4/20?

Fingon

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I won't be out driving stoned but there will be those that will be. Pardon me for not wanting more people DUI. And if you don't think think that's going to be the case then I can't reason with you. BTW you said there really would not be that many more impaired people. That means you think there will be more. Even one more is too many for me and I can't believe you're cool with that.

You mean more people like this guy??

Yeah, my logic is !@#$ed isn't it. And don't give me that "well alcohol kills more people bull ****."

Here's a question for those of you giving me ****. Do you feel that legalizing marijuana will put more people on the roads DUI? And only a one word answer is acceptible.

No.

So what's the magic number that makes it ok?

Please Chef. Anyone else that wishes to have a legitimate conversation, I will be happy to do so, but you aren't having a conversation Chef. You are trolling people, just like you did Rkfast in the bike thread.

Please Chef. Anyone else that wishes to have a legitimate conversation, I will be happy to do so, but you aren't having a conversation Chef. You are trolling people, just like you did Rkfast in the bike thread.

I'm trying to find out how many more people (a percentage would work) that you're cool with that will be DUI once they legalize marijuana. Because there will be more. And if you don't think so you're a fool also. And if being concerned with peoples safety make me a troll so be it.

I'm trying to find out how many more people (a percentage would work) that you're cool with that will be DUI once they legalize marijuana. Because there will be more. And if you don't think so you're a fool also. And if being concerned with peoples safety make me a troll so be it.

:huh:

Okay, 1 reply.

My actual take on it is that while the overall number of people driving under the influence of something may increase, the overall danger would stay the same or perhaps even possibly decrease.

If you factor in all the people who currently choose alcohol or a prescription drug to self medicate as it was put and currently drive under the influence, a fair number will undoubtedly choose to switch to marijuana when it becomes legal. I linked a couple of studies earlier, which showed much less loss of reflexes and response time when operating a motor vehicle while under the influence of marijuana compared to alcohol.

You should not trust the study though, look how hard it is for you guys to find articles to support the premise that weed soaked (only) drivers are the scourge of the roads.

:rolleyes:

Bet you didn't find too many of those that were just marijuana.

Honestly? I was reading the paper this afternoon and there it was! In todays paper!! I didnt google anythign to try to find an article for this thread, really I didnt. Ironic, no?

:huh:

Okay, 1 reply.

My actual take on it is that while the overall number of people driving under the influence of something may increase, the overall danger would stay the same or perhaps even possibly decrease.

If you factor in all the people who currently choose alcohol or a prescription drug to self medicate as it was put and currently drive under the influence, a fair number will undoubtedly choose to switch to marijuana when it becomes legal. I linked a couple of studies earlier, which showed much less loss of reflexes and response time when operating a motor vehicle while under the influence of marijuana compared to alcohol.

You should not trust the study though, look how hard it is for you guys to find articles to support the premise that weed soaked (only) drivers are the scourge of the roads.

:rolleyes:

Ok so you're saying that people who use something other than pot will switch to pot. That will be true, so that's a wash. 10,000 that used to drink now smoke so we still have 10,000 DUI right? But there will be people that didn't DUI of anything that now smoke pot and drive under it's influences. You put those two togher and there WILL be more people DUI. And I don't care how small that number is, it's still too high (pun not intended) for me.

BTW I didn't search for articles of people in accidents or the dangers of driving while under the influence of marijuana until now and it was pretty easy.

Ok so you're saying that people who use something other than pot will switch to pot. That will be true, so that's a wash. 10,000 that used to drink now smoke so we still have 10,000 DUI right? But there will be people that didn't DUI of anything that now smoke pot and drive under it's influences. You put those two togher and there WILL be more people DUI. And I don't care how small that number is, it's still too high (pun not intended) for me.

BTW I didn't search for articles of people in accidents or the dangers of driving while under the influence of marijuana until now and it was pretty easy.

I will look over the links after work, but really looks like you are helping prove my point. Thanks for giving me half of my premise.

As to the second half, those quitting alcohol and switching to pot, are you sure it is a wash?